Too many differences still, even after setting up UnityYamlMerge tool.

soul

An error still keeps on popping up saying "Too many differences...", I followed what was recommended to change / update my merge tool on my preferences but I still keep getting the error.

My first assumption is, I was not able to set up my merge tool correctly.

Here are some screenshots:

Mergetool1.png.dfd85f00029c452d2167a7813a3f4193.png

This is inside my mergespecificfile.txt from Unity

Mergetool1.thumb.png.1e8e2556cc7f276ee5901e3e89df17b0.png

I can confirm that It's the correct mergespecificfile.txt because different errors popup on PlasticSCM when I try changing it.

Help would be greatly appreciated! :)

Hi,

"The files have too many differences, there aren't enough resources to complete the operation" message, it means that you have reached the limit of the maximum difference. The limit is 32k differences per operation. The file size shouldn´t be a problem.

It needs more or less 1,5Gb memory. We decided to limit the max differences because after this limit the memory increases a lot (we have the algorithm optimized until these values).

Is this the error message you are seeing?

Regards,

Carlos.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, calbzam said:

Hi,

"The files have too many differences, there aren't enough resources to complete the operation" message, it means that you have reached the limit of the maximum difference. The limit is 32k differences per operation. The file size shouldn´t be a problem.

It needs more or less 1,5Gb memory. We decided to limit the max differences because after this limit the memory increases a lot (we have the algorithm optimized until these values).

Is this the error message you are seeing?

Regards,

Carlos.

Hey Carlos!

Thanks for the reply! :) So I assume its not a problem with the merge tool but more so on the mismanagement of our user workflow. What would be the best approach to avoid this problem in the context of a unity project?

Thank you, the team is loving PlasticSCM so far!