Selectively rollback changes on files from Diff window

peetonn

I was working on a separate branch and now need to merge my code back to main. 

However, there were a number of auxiliary changes that are not required to be backported to main (those were proof-of-concept hacks to files not involved in actual feature being developed). 

Now, in order to do the merge, I need to clean my branch from those playground edits I made by reverting those files to their base version (from where the branch was forked). I see those files in the Diff window but it does not allow me to perform any action like rollback/revert. I realize this has to be a new changeset (and it's fine). How do I create a new changeset that reverts specific files that were modified accross the lifespan of the branch? (branch changesets may include changes to the files I want preserve, so reverting the whole changeset is not an option).

Hi,

In this case, I think the only option would be to select the file you want to revert, browsing the history by right-clicking on it and selecting the appropriate option, and finally the option to revert to the selected revision:

image.png

Unless the changes you want to revert were made in changesets separately, which I don't think is the case.

Best,
Héber.