Russian accounts are banned

maxtyt

This message is to notify you that your Plastic SCM account has been temporarily suspended as this product is not currently available in your region.

I received this message today just because I'm using Unity from Russia. Why? I paid for this service until March 24th and can pay further using US debit card, no problem. I thought you guys would be above this stupid politics. Now you lost your trust.

Hi, I'm sorry for the inconveniences. This is the communication from Unity that affects the Plastic SCM users:

This message is to notify you that your Plastic SCM account has been temporarily suspended as this product is not currently available in your region.

Unity Technologies offers its products and services where permitted under applicable laws and regulations. Certain products and services are currently unavailable in your region. Please keep in mind that these laws and regulations change frequently due to changes in technology, policy and political events. For additional information, you may wish to visit the U.S. Office of Foreign Assets Control Regulations’ website or the U.S. Bureau of Industry and Security’s website.

Thanks,
The Unity Plastic SCM team

I hope Plastic SCM is available again soon in your region.

Regards,

Carlos.

Oh boy so this is the reason behind all of this?

First, project transfer to PlasticSCM literally broke my project. Scene was empty and new compillation errors have appeared and it was all caused by new packages that came with this transfer. And now 4 days later this SCM discriminates me based on my place of origin.
It's just a 2D free game I am making with hand drawn assets and serves nothing but a place where I can meditate, chill the fuck out with your political agenda.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

In addition to the above communication, to better clarify it:

Plastic clients contain encryption components that require they be on the encryption control list, and therefore affected by these restrictions. This is not Unity's decision. The products have a US govt classification and so we have to comply with that.

Sorry for the inconveniences again,

Carlos.

• 2 weeks later...