Client crashes with missing api-ms-win-core-winrt-l1-1-0.dll error when switched to alpha interface

Mouse

Apologies for double post - also posted in main forum because I did not see this forum at first.

Release version : 

1. PlasticSCM-11.0.16.6757-windows-cloud-installer OS: Windows/MacOS/Linux : Windows 7

Steps to reproduce : 

1. In client, click on link to switch to new Alpha interface

2. Then try restarting Plastic

3. Then try reinstalling plastic

4. Check system for "api-ms-win-core-winrt-l1-1-0.dll"

Real result : 

1. Plastic client crashes

2. On restarting Plastic, the restart fails and you get the following error: The program can`t start because api-ms-win-core-winrt-l1-1-0.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix problem.

3. On reinstalling Plastic (settings retained) and restarting, same error occurs.

4. On checking system for file "api-ms-win-core-winrt-l1-1-0.dll" is not present in System32, though I think all MS re-distrubtables are installed.

Expected result :

1. Plastic client runs

Request. If there is any way of turning the Alpha interface off without a full reinstall. I cannot start the client at all at the moment so cannot do this via the link in the client.

Many thanks for all your help in anticipation

Kind regards

Mouse

• 1 month later...

Just to check whether there is any update re this problem? I'd like to switch to the new GUI but unfortunately just won't run at the moment.

If possible I would be grateful to know what if any MS redistributable I should install to resolve this dependency. (If that is what it is?).

Kind regards

Mouse

Hello

api-ms-win-core-winrt-l1-1-0.dll is a windows 8 or later library, that's why the program, when trying to search that library in system, fails to start because this dll is not present in windows 7

Also, even if this dll could be somehow added, PlasticX is being developed in Net 6.0, and Microsoft only gave support in Windows 7 to Net 5.0, so running the application in Windows 7 is not possible

To be able to run PlasticX, a newer Windows version than Windows 7 is needed 

• 2 months later...

Thank you for your response. My apologies for not replying earlier - I think I may have notifications switched off. I will check.

A pity this. Will the old GUI continue to be supported? There are a lot of people with Windows 7 machines still!