Remove deleted files from source control

Larsson24

Hi, 

I added demo folders of assets by mistake to source control (and synced it to the cloud) and afterwards deleted them in my unity project. Now they are gone from workspace but then I don't know how to remove them from source control anymore. My goal is to free up cloud space as no demo files where ever used for my true project and the demo folder where big in sizes.

Thanks!  :)

@Larsson24

Now they are gone from workspace but then I don't know how to remove them from source control anymore.

Have you deleted items and checkin the changes? If you are using centralized workspace, with the checkin, the changes should be reflected to cloud.

Please assure that there is the latest version of project in plastic SCM dashboard.

Yes, I checked in files to later on remove them (delete/private) and then checked in again. However, this didn't reflect in lower cloud storage. 

However, I'm in the beginning of my project and most have been testing technical solutions. Because of this I just decided to remove the repository completely and reupload it in a new one. I went from 5.7 GB to about 2.5 GB. But because of Plastic SCM security feature my old repository are still in the cloud storage but should be deleted with a couple of days. 

So I guess my issue is fixed now. 

• Like 1