Library directory not ignored after pull

mhardy

Long time git user, first time Plastic. Just brought in Unity project to Plastic. Library dir properly ignored from ignore.conf Unity created.

Checked WebUI, correctly shows no Library folder.

Pulled down the main branch on different computer, 1,000 Library files show in Added and private.

What am I missing? Why are all these ignored files showing up? Reproduced this issue on 2 laptops.

88DAB76E-3C96-4155-BAB8-67DF4CF0EACF.jpeg

Hi,

The ignore rules work for private files but if the items are explicitly added to source control, they will appear proposed to checkin in the "Pending Changes" view.

We need to understand what is actually adding the items to sourde control. 

Regards,

Carlos.

I am seeing a similar problem here as well. I swear this was working on my first branch. Now, the ignore.conf doesn't seem to honor certain paths. If I specify the exact path of each file, it will finally rid the flooded "added" category.

I have not added these files to version control as seen in a few other threads , including this one from 2020:

This leads me to think that there is a bug in the ignore code. I am using the "definitive unity ignore conf" as provided here
https://blog.plasticscm.com/2020/01/definitive-ignoreconf-for-unity-projects.html

image.thumb.png.a26d2784864771e0908c5176b68b8d1a.png

I'll try updating plastic scm to see if it fixes itself, otherwise I am left to just highlight, right click,  and choose "add full path to ignore file" which will remove the flood, but is tedious for the ignore.conf file, making it grow to enormous length.

In troubleshooting this, I figured out the issue for my specific usecase. Will share for any other haters of the ridiculous .meta files everywhere.
image.png.9c9291ddf1141d499447035289fcb285.png

I had these rules that I attempted to migrate from my .gitignore

*.meta
!*.*.meta
Library
Library/
Library/*

The humble .gitignore which i have clearly taken for granted all these years allows for some pretty complex exclusions. The above is supposed to allow all meta files that are not for a folder and just flat ignore everything inside Library. Unity's overreach to create .meta files for even folders disgusts me to the point where I searched for this answer to resolve it:
https://stackoverflow.com/a/57728803/10952436

The above solution works swimmingly in git, and I had thought would work here. Perhaps there is a different syntax to use that could fix this?
I'd really love to keep as many useless files out of the already cluttered project.

Does anyone have a better way to utilize the ignore.conf to always ignore things inside Library? (I've already tried reordering the lines to no avail)

If I remove the .meta rules, then the Library problem goes away, but then I am stuck with a bunch of useless .meta files for all the folders in the project

# *.meta
# !*.*.meta