ERROR LocalizationTranslator - Unable to add localization key: 'CloudLocalAccount': Requested value 'CloudLocalAccount' was not found.

MrMajorThorburn

I am trying to find out why I get an error message about There being no selector for a developer workspace I just created for an existing unity project that I want to use this SCM for.

I check the client logs and found some ERROR's and am not sure what to do next as there are some that do not seem to relate directly with my no selector error.

I have attached the relevant contents of the log file recorded in the startup of the client.

Can someone please let me know what I have not done or done wrong as I am now stuck.

SubmittedLog.txt

Thank for reporting this. There is a mismatch in localization keys that were not properly removed. We will fix it for the next public release.

In the meantime, if you want to workaround the issue you can manually delete the following localization key from the file:

<plasticinstalldir>\client\localization\plastic-gui.en.txt

Content to remove:

== CloudLocalAccount ==
Local

Sorry for the inconveniences.

About you "no selector" error:

2022-04-23 13:08:02,023 MST11\major ERROR plastic - Plastic SCM client version: 11.0.16.6860
2022-04-23 13:08:02,023 MST11\major ERROR plastic - 
Error message: There is no selector for this workspace. e:\Development\Unity\2021\Mouse4CatV2

Can you check the following file?

e:\Development\Unity\2021\Mouse4CatV2\.plastic\plastic.selector?

You should have something similar to this:

rep "my-repo@my-org@cloud"
  path "/"
    smartbranch "/main"

Hey!

This is Héber. 

Can you try creating a "plastic.selector" file in that location with the following content replacing the repo and organization name with yours?

rep "repponame@organizationname@cloud"
  path "/"
    smartbranch "/main" changeset "0"           

Once that is sorted out, could you run an update operation?

Best,

Héber.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

If the workspace was properly created there is no reason for it to be missing. We would need to check every case in particular as it can be a permissions issue, or some other problem while creating it. 

That being said, this is not a common scenario, let us know if you face it again.

Best,

Héber.