Bring back total of items pending vs checked

Jonah Grimm

In the legacy GUI, you could always see at the top of the tab how many items were pending vs how many were checked.

image.png.4c99e7c5c5fa05458c349d31ed316d79.png

This is not present in the newest version.

image.png.f0e57e191679eb3814280f1844264c16.png

I realize that this is still very much an early alpha version, but whenever you all get a chance, I'd love to see those totals numbers return. 

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

@Jonah Grimm thanks for your feedback. It's always very valuated.

We didn't add it because each category node (changed/added/moved/deleted) already have this info, but you're right, we're not displaying the totals.

Just out of curiosity ... are these metrics (total count/checked) something that you use and it's valuable in your daily basis? And ... the most important question, ... why? I mean, in which workflow do you use them?

That's being said ... yes! It's doable and it could be added in the "Items" header easily 🙂

2 minutes ago, Daniel Peñalba said:

@Jonah Grimm thanks for your feedback. It's always very valuated.

We didn't add it because each category node (changed/added/moved/deleted) already have this info, but you're right, we're not displaying the totals.

Just out of curiosity ... are these metrics (total count/checked) something that you use and it's valuable in your daily basis? And ... the most important question, ... why? I mean, in which workflow do you use them?

That's being said ... yes! It's doable and it could be added in the "Items" header easily 🙂

Hey there! @Daniel Peñalba 

Thank you for your reply. Let me answer your questions... These metrics are definitely valuable in my daily process. As a game developer, it is not uncommon to deal with large sums of assets that must be checked-in (especially with refactoring or organization). And thus, it is not uncommon to have my Pending Changes tab have its list of total items changed extend below the fold of the application window.

The reason that this metric was useful was for sanity checks prior to check-in. Let's say that I'm checking in a large sum of assets that are "Changed," and I do not want to include any "Moved" or "Added" assets. In this situation, I would have to scroll below the fold and verify that each category (should it exist) is marked 0 out of X. With the previous version, I could verify that my numbers lined up just by staring at the header.

Additionally, it is also useful to have a clean summary of how large your changeset will be, prior to check-in. Because perhaps it might be trying to do too much in one check-in ;)

I hope that this makes sense, and I will gladly clarify further if it does not. If you are willing to add this feature back to the alpha version and put it on your roadmap somewhere, that would make me VERY happy! 😃