cm partial checkin --all --dependencies does not check in all files

dwicks

I want to check in all changed, moved, and added files to my plastic repo. I am using partial mode because I have a large amount of files and I'm using the command line so I can automate the checkin of files that I create through other automated tooling.

I expect `cm partial checkin . --all --dependencies` to checkin everything that has changed or been added, but it doesn't. Is there an extra flag I'm missing?

As you can see in the screenshot, `cm status` shows the same added files both before and after the checkin.

image.thumb.png.caf8f5c8029dc2a161e0084adc8fc493.png

• Thanks 1

Thanks for the suggestion. Adding the `--private` flag yields the following error:

partial: Unexpected option --private

I am also trying various command combinations to try to get the desired result. For example:

cm add --recursive .\**

cm findprivate -R | cm add -

Where I run in to trouble with multiple commands is addressing moved/deleted files. The recursive add seems to break Plastic's knowledge of moved files (it sees the old locations as deleted once the new ones are added). And I'm unable to sort out how to remove the deleted files because the output of `cm status --localdeleted --short --machinereadable` is not pipeable into `cm rm -` or `cm add -`. I see an error like the following when trying to pipe into rm, and the status command doesn't accept a format parameter to allow me to narrow it down to just the file paths.

e:\Binaries\STVisualizer_project\Mods\STATUS -1 Properties socialtables@cloud is not in a workspace.
e:\Binaries\STVisualizer_project\Mods\LD e:\Binaries\STVisualizer_project\Mods\SomeFiles\Content\BuiltData.uasset False NO_MERGES is not in a workspace

If you can share what commands the "check all" button in the Gluon gui is executing, that would be perfect for my needs. The gui is able to do this work just fine, but the cli (needed for automation) doesn't seem to have the right set of commands easily available.

image.png.4a2dba9c834606ea7e93b9437d89164a.png

Edited by dwicks
adding screenshot

I am currently doing a kind of nasty workaround to not being able to pipe the status into `cm rm` so I can remove locally deleted files like so:

$LocalDeletedStatus = -Split (cm status --localdeleted --machinereadable)
Write-Host "Local deleted: $LocalDeletedStatus"
$DeletedFiles = $LocalDeletedStatus | Where-Object {$_ -Match "Mods\\+"}
if ($DeletedFiles) {
    Write-Host "Removing deleted files from plastic: $DeletedFiles"
    (cm rm $DeletedFiles)
}

I match on a file path component that I know will be part of the file paths I want to remove. If the `cm status` command accepted a format parameter OR it could be piped into `cm rm`, that would be a lot nicer. I would welcome any suggestions for a cm-command-only version of the above. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Apologies I should have been more specific with my suggestion.

I was suggesting to run the command like this cm checkin --private, but of course this can't be used in your scenario with Gluon.

I ran a quick test of the original scenario you reported and I suspect this may be a bug. Thank you for reporting it, I'll pass on my findings to the development team now.

• 1 month later...