[SerializeField]s populated via the Inspector are not saved and available to other clients pulling the changes.

RobG88

Using Unity 2022.1.b13, though I've had this issue with 2021 as well.

After adding [SerializeField] in methods, dragging in the appropriate objects into these fields via the Inspector, saving the scene and committing the changes, these fields are ALWAYS empty on the receiving end.  

My partner has tested this (he is not coding, only using to get changes) and I've tested on 2 other laptops and the same issue - the fields are always empty and need to be re-populated for each laptop/environment.

There are no files, directories or any such thing left unchecked for Plastic when making commits/checkin changes.  There are NO CHANGES to the scene on these other laptops but if there are all changes are over written and the scene re-loaded.

I've actually even deleted and re-downloaded the entire project only to have the same fields missing.

It's extremely frustrating because I then need to take 2, 3 ... 10 screenshots of the various Inspector/Hierarchy changes and write detailed emails of what fields need to pulled.

NEVER had this issue with collaborate and was forced to change to Plastic.

Any help would be appreciated!

Hi @RobG88, I'm sorry that you're experiencing this issue with your [SerializeField] values not syncing across machines. I tried to reproduce this on my end using 2022.1.0b16 and Version Control v1.15.16, using string, GameObject, Material and float fields, but I didn't reproduce this issue.

Can you provide a couple more details to help me with reproducing this issue? Could you tell me which version of the Version Control package you're on? (You can find this in the Package Manager window) What type of variables are not syncing? Game Objects, Materials, etc.