Working with branches in Partial Mode

dwicks

Is there a guide for working with branches in partial mode? After configuring my workspace in one branch, if I switch branches in Gluon, the files I configured to show locally disappear. This makes it feel like each branch in a partial workspace is entirely separate from the other branches, with no meaningful communication between them.

Ideally, I would be able to have feature branches for work in partial mode. I am imagining a workflow where I do the following:

1. Configure my repository in Gluon on the main branch to pick the folder I want to work in

2. Switch to a feature branch for my work on that folder

3. Commit changesets to my feature branch along the way

4. Merge my feature branch into main

5. Repeat back at 1 with these changes or any others

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Gluon doesn't support branching and merging. Artists using Gluon normally work in the same branch (main) following a exclusive checkout workflow.

Anyway working with Gluon in a different branch is still doable. You can use the "cm stb --help" command to switch to a different branch. Finally run a "cm partial configure" so the workspace switches again to Gluon mode and you can continue using Gluon in this new branch.

If you wish to submit a feature request with the workflow you mentioned please reach us out to support@codicesoftware.com with the details of the request, this will help us to track and give a priority to this feature.

Regards,

Rafael
Unity Plastic SCM Support
Virtualize your Workspace. Make it dynamic.