cm merge fields

Patrice Beauvais

Hi,
Is it possible to know the list of possible fields that "cm merge" can return when using --machinereadable? It seems to by dynamic based on the conflict type.

For example:

DIR_CONFLICT||EVIL||Evil twin conflict||An item has been added on the source and on the destination with the same name, and they are different items.||Added /Wwise/Actor-Mixer Hierarchy/_TMP.wwu||Added /Wwise/Actor-Mixer Hierarchy/_TMP.wwu||2286698||False||ADD||/Wwise/Actor-Mixer Hierarchy/_TMP.wwu||ADD||/Wwise/Actor-Mixer Hierarchy/_TMP.wwu
FILE_CONFLICT||/Plugins/UPG_OnlineCore/Source/OnlineCore/Private/OnlineManager.cpp||13774||13954||13829||330243

First line, what is the "True" meaning (pos 8)?
Second line, all those numbers?

It would be good to know the possible types and the returned fields. I did not find it with "cm help merge" neither in documentation.

Thanks,
Patrice

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Can you give us some more feedback of what you are trying to do? The "--machinereadable" is a flag that is primarely used for plugins.

Are you trying to automate all the possible merge conflicts to avoid the manual interation?

Regards,

Carlos.

Hi,

If you want to automatizew all the directory conflicts:

cm merge br:/MyBranch --automaticresolution=all-src --merge

If you just want to automatize the evil-twin resolution:

cm merge br:/MyBranch --automaticresolution=eviltwin-src --merge

regards,

Carlos.

It's not exactly what I'm trying to achieve. Right now, I'm merging the two folders files by taking source and readding destination when the conflicts is not on files. This works well and make it possible to use One file per actor in Unreal 5 with PlasticSCM.

But in any case, is it possible to know about the fields? Is there any documentation about it somewhere? My assumption is that True is Directory vs File, but I wanted to be sure.

Thanks,
Pat

Hi,

I'm afraid I'm not fully understanding your scenario. In Plastic, you will be merging branches but not individual folders. If during the merge, there is any file or folder conflict you manually resolve this conflict or use paremeters in the "cm merge" command to automatize the conflict resolution.

I made an example for the evil-twin conflcit but you can automatize the merge resolution for any kind of conflcit.

This is still not enough and you need to use "--machinereadable"? This is an internal parameter normally only used by plugins. I can try to collect the information of the fields.

Regards,

Carlos.

Hi,
I already sent a support ticket about Evil twin merge in PlasticSCM vs Unreal 5 one-file per actor (ticket #31359).

This is a workaround to merge files from two branches when there's no file collisions. I really need to to automate that since there's no way I ask content creator to do manual merge with random folders and filenames (ex: 1\NT\PTHJ3ING96DMZW8M10UG4I.uasset). When there's no collision, there's no real reason to block from merging two folders, that should be built-in in my opinion, but it's not.

Anyway, my the solution works and is live for couple of weeks. I just need all the fields description to support all the use cases.

Thanks
Pat