Visual Studio integration, source control provider could not be found

mvdzwaan

On both my development machines I'm getting the error as show in the attachment, claiming the source control provider cannot be found.

I choose no, select solution and perform 'add to source control' and everyone is working fine again. I get this with every project and on 2 machines. I have updated plastic to newer versions multiple times but the problem remains. I am using Visual Studio 2022 Professional

What could cause this, and how can I fix this ?

Screenshot 2022-06-30 094426.jpg

Edited by mvdzwaan
additions

Just installed latest version (b 7110), and now it's worse. No 'add to source control' option on solution anymore.

If I choose View..Plastic SCM... Show pending changes under solution I get "GetSccFiles must be called on the UI thread' and Object reference not set to an instance of an object on 'checkin'.

• 2 months later...

Hi,

What is the Visual Studio plugin you are using? According to the error, I'm guessing if you are actually using the old/deprecated SSC plugin.

Are you intalling and using the following package?

https://www.plasticscm.com/documentation/ides/plastic-scm-version-control-ides-integrations-guide

Please reinstall Plastic SCM plugin disabling the "SCC plugin" and enabling the "Visual Studio integration package". Then please follow the steps from this guide to enable it in your project.

Let us know if it helps.

Regards,

Carlos.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the suggestions. I did not have the scc plugin installed only the new integration, but my project files stl contained

<SccProjectName>PlasticSCM</SccProjectName>
<SccLocalPath>PlasticSCM</SccLocalPath>
<SccAuxPath>PlasticSCM</SccAuxPath>
<SccProvider>Plastic SCM Source Control Service:{774e58ba-f1b9-40a7-b676-834fa2c220fe}</SccProvider>

So the solution was to allow VS to 'remove the source control bindings'. It just cleared these 4 settings, while the actual plastic source control integration stayed intact

• Like 1