Sync replication using SSL servers doesn't work

gusdpr

I had this issue recently as well. I was working on a mac and trying to sync with a server on Linux. The problem in my case was that I specified the remote server as 

my.remote-server.com:8088

On windows you got a checkbox to tell Plastic that the server uses SSL. On Mac there is no such checkbox. So the URL must be entered as 

ssl://my.remote-server.com:8088

Otherwise plastic will connect using non-encrypted mode and this will give you the error message from the first post. So if you want to connect via SSL make sure your URL starts with ssl://

• 4 years later...

- In the server side, the SSL certificate is included with the Plastic installation.

- In the client side, when you try to list the repos from a client, you be prompted to install the certificate. It's not necessary to manually install it.

cm lrep ssl://YOURSERVER:8088

Regards,

Carlos

9 hours ago, calbzam said:

- In the server side, the SSL certificate is included with the Plastic installation.

- In the client side, when you try to list the repos from a client, you be prompted to install the certificate. It's not necessary to manually install it.

cm lrep ssl://YOURSERVER:8088

Regards,

Carlos

This is specifically with an issue with the replication.. server to server.. no clients

'Error: Only the server administrator can accept a certificate on the server'

'Error: Only the server administrator can accept a certificate on the server'

Drive to the repositories list --> right-click a repo --> Repository server permissions --> set your user as the owner. As soon as you set your user as the owner, you should be able to accept the certificate.

Regards,

carlos.