Can't resolve DNS for cloud.plasticscm.com

poe

Hi, 

Setup:

- windows 11, cloud Plastic, new repo, using Gluon 

when I try to checkin the first files, i get this error message. I switched off my firewall but this didn't change anything. Any ideas? 

image.thumb.png.fe25580dd567cc1d9e061a9a7454aaa3.png

Hi @poe, @cal 

Error  --  Can't resolve DNS for cloud.plasticscm.com 

The common cause of the error above is from trying to connect the wrong cloud organization.

Please make sure that you are using the correct cloud organization name to connect.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 7/26/2022 at 4:02 AM, blue said:

Hi @poe, @cal 

Error  --  Can't resolve DNS for cloud.plasticscm.com 

The common cause of the error above is from trying to connect the wrong cloud organization.

Please make sure that you are using the correct cloud organization name to connect.

Hi @blue

All of my team members get this error after installing Plastic Cloud. It's a bit strange and annoying to have everyone on the team coming to me with this problem, to which I have to say to manually find and update the client.conf file as suggested above.

In all cases, the organization appears correctly everywhere in the client except for in the client.conf file. After updating the client.conf this issue is fixed.

Do you have any idea why this would be a recurring issue? Thanks

@Acren Before the users installed Plastic SCM Cloud, did they have Enterprise edition or have they used Plastic SCM via plugin? One thing I can think of is the case the users profiles to connect to different servers or cloud organizations. In the client.conf, what did the users have in workspaceServer Tag? 

6 hours ago, blue said:

@Acren Before the users installed Plastic SCM Cloud, did they have Enterprise edition or have they used Plastic SCM via plugin? One thing I can think of is the case the users profiles to connect to different servers or cloud organizations. In the client.conf, what did the users have in workspaceServer Tag? 

@blueThere aren't any existing installation Plastic installations on the machines, it's just a fresh download of Cloud Edition from https://www.plasticscm.com/download. Possibly the Unreal Engine plugin if they have downloaded the project but not connected it yet.

The value was *@cloud by default as the above reply by Oleg states.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/31/2023 at 4:57 AM, blue said:

@Acren Possibly the plugin used the client.conf as well. I will bring team's attention on this in the weekly meeting. 

Hi @blue, after having this pop up some more I now believe this also happens without the Unreal plugin ever having been used on the machine either. Just a clean Plastic Cloud install downloaded straight from the website, today's current version. No previous versions, no Unreal plugin.

DNS error blocks usage, and config has:
<WorkspaceServer>*@cloud</WorkspaceServer>

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...