Freshly imported project has pending changes already

BlueKiwi

On 7/27/2022 at 1:31 PM, calbzam said:

Hi,

Are the pending changes appearing after an update operation? I'm guessing if some items were just partially downloaded. I've seen a similar issue in the past with network related issues.

Regards,

Carlos.

Bunch of removed and checked out items:
image.png.f02dee4c1232994e4801cbd530562788.png

At least the checkout operation is a operation that needs to be done somehow in the workspace: command line, external plugin (Unity...), via GUI... Don't you have any explanation to these chcked-out items?

If you undo all the pending changes, I guess you can have a clean workspace status again?

Regards,

Carlos.

Also, your screenshot is definitely NOT a "freshly imported project". Files got deleted from that particular workspace over two months ago, and files were modifier multiple times within the last few days.

So when you say "freshly imported project", what do you actually mean by that? Did you COPY that workspace from somewhere else, or extracted it from a .zip somebody gave you? (As opposed to CREATING a new workspace from within plastic, and then updating that - which is the normal workflow, and will not create any local changes by itself)

31 minutes ago, Wolfram said:

Also, your screenshot is definitely NOT a "freshly imported project". Files got deleted from that particular workspace over two months ago, and files were modifier multiple times within the last few days.

So when you say "freshly imported project", what do you actually mean by that? Did you COPY that workspace from somewhere else, or extracted it from a .zip somebody gave you? (As opposed to CREATING a new workspace from within plastic, and then updating that - which is the normal workflow, and will not create any local changes by itself)

I wonder why? Because I am traveling and imported this project on my laptop over a week ago and didn't touch it since It's super weird and I don't want to do anything to break it. :( How is that possible that I have random changes on different dates on a freshly imported project and brand new workspace??

Well, you still haven't told us what EXACTLY you mean by "freshly imported project". How? From where? Using which tool? As I mentioned above, files were deleted in your workspace more than two months ago. WHAT KIND of files, and WHAT actions did you perform, either in Unity, or the external Plastic GUI Client. HOW did you create this workspace. etc.
We will be unable to help you unless you provide sufficient information about what your situation is, and which exact steps you took that lead to your problematic workspace.