Newbie - Looking for safe way to discard local changes

Reverend Speed

Hey folks. I have a little experience with Git and Atlassian Source Tree. I've just joined a team using Plastic SCM and I'm gently prodding my way around their project, seeing how parts relate to each other.

I'm VERY keen not to commit / push changes to their codebase until I know exactly what I'm doing, so I'm looking for a failsafe, straightforward way to discard my local changes. I'm currently working my way through the documents, but it'd be lovely if someone could point me in the right direction here, as I'm trying to get up to speed fast...!

Thanks in advance!

Hi @Reverend Speed,

Please confirm if you are using centralized or distributed workspace first.

https://support.unity.com/hc/en-us/articles/360047015532--Workflow-Centralized-Vs-Distributed 

If you are looking for undo pending changes, here's the documentation for you.

https://www.plasticscm.com/documentation/gui/plastic-scm-version-control-gui-guide#Chapter4:ThePendingchangesView 

Please let us know if you have any question.

Thank you, @blue!

I've begun reading up on centralized v distributed workspaces, but I was wondering if it was possible for me to identify which workspace (centralized or distributed) I'm using from the Plastic SCM app, or if I need to ask my new team.

Reading through the pending changes doc also. Thanks for the response... I'm a little at the deep end here...!

Hi @Reverend Speed,

One of the way you check if the current workspace is centralized or distributed is checking the server.

If the currently open workspace is directly connected to cloud server, it will appear YOUREPO@YOURCLOUD@cloud.

If your workspace is connected to local and you use sync view for syncing with the remote server, you will see YOURREPO@local