How can I remove the /main/ from every branch and see more of the branch name?

StokedOnIt

• How can I remove the /main/ from every branch?
  • How can I see more of the branch names in the Branch Explorer? I really just want the font to be smaller. I need to know what the branches the other developers are working on by seeing the names in the Branch Explorer. I don't use branches as I like to see things visually. 
  • Is there any way to create a separate tree from /main/ that can be merged back and forth. See we have to have a 3rd party Cyber review before code gets merged into the /main/release branch. Would be great if we could have 3 main trees /dev /cyber /release, etc. that could be merged to. Instead of something like this merging back and forth: /main/dev/242-optimize-networking/242-code-to-review/.......

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

• How can I remove the /main/ from every branch?
    • How can I see more of the branch names in the Branch Explorer? I really just want the font to be smaller. I need to know what the branches the other

In the branch explorer, you can select to show the full or short branch name:

image.png

Is there any way to create a separate tree from /main/ that can be merged back and forth. See we have to have a 3rd party Cyber review before code gets merged into the /main/release branch. Would be great if we could have 3 main trees /dev /cyber /release, etc. that could be merged to. Instead of something like this merging back and forth: /main/dev/242-optimize-networking/242-code-to-review/.......

I don't fully understand this question. When you merge a branch, it needs to be merged to a parent branch. You can create a /main/dev, /main/cyber, /main/release braches where your different task branches are merged (eg: /main/dev/task123) when they are reviewed.

Then you decide when you merge /main/dev into /main or even if you don't use /main and use /main/release to push the changes.