Plastic scm reimporting everything after a shut down

matmalm

(Unity 2021.3.6)

Hello, today my electricity went off shutting down my computer with Unity open, however when I turned on my pc again and open Unity, it started reimporting everything in the project all over again showing me every folder in the project with the 'Private' symbol, and even corrupted one of my scenes files erasing everything in the hierarchy.

It is also having some conflicts, but not sure what to press to make things back as how they were. I don't share Plastic with more users, and I have only 1 computer where the project is.

plasticscm.png

@calbzam

Hi,

I'm guessing if these outage also affected to the workspace metadata so it's not properly tracking now what changeset/branch is your workspace pointing.

The workspace metadata folder is the ".plastic" folder in the root of the workspace. Can you attach it?

For that reason, it's asking you to update your worksapce (probably it's considering you are in changeset:0).

If you have some pending to checkin changes, I would backup them and then update the workspace to the head of the branch (or even redownload the project from scratch if it's not a big project).

Best reagrds,

Carlos.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, calbzam said:

Hi,

I'm guessing if these outage also affected to the workspace metadata so it's not properly tracking now what changeset/branch is your workspace pointing.

The workspace metadata folder is the ".plastic" folder in the root of the workspace. Can you attach it?

For that reason, it's asking you to update your worksapce (probably it's considering you are in changeset:0).

If you have some pending to checkin changes, I would backup them and then update the workspace to the head of the branch (or even redownload the project from scratch if it's not a big project).

Best reagrds,

Carlos.

I sent you the folder through a DM.

For now, should I push changes and the hit update, or just hit update? The project is 140 GB, so I guess it's better than to redownload everything.

I can see a "wkcorruption" file in your shared folder related to the power outage.

Process name: Unity
Process image: C:\Program Files\Unity\Hub\Editor\2021.3.6f1\Editor\Unity.exe
Process started: 2022.11.02.12.31.33.673
Error: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
StackTrace:   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T].get_Item (System.Int32 index) [0x00009] in <e40e5a8f982c4b618a930d29f9bd091c>:0 
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T].System.Collections.IList.get_Item (System.Int32 index) [0x00000] in <e40e5a8f982c4b618a930d29f9bd091c>:0 
  at Codice.CM.WorkspaceServer.DataStore.WkTree.ReadLegacyWorkspaceTree.ReadNode (Codice.CM.Common.Serialization.PlasticBinaryReader reader, System.Collections.IList repSpecs, System.Collections.IList seids, Codice.CM.WorkspaceServer.IWorkspaceRevisionInfoCache cache, Codice.CM.WorkspaceServer.DataStore.WkTree.LegacyWorkspaceTreeOptions+Options options) [0x00018] in <98f66477eed44bb782eb0c301b0da195>:0 
  at Codice.CM.WorkspaceServer.DataStore.WkTree.ReadLegacyWorkspaceTree.ReadFromStream (System.Byte version, System.IO.Stream stream, Codice.CM.WorkspaceServer.IWorkspaceRevisionInfoCache revisionCache) [0x00026] in <98f66477eed44bb782eb0c301b0da195>:0 
  at Codice.CM.WorkspaceServer.DataStore.WkTree.ReadLegacyWorkspaceTree.Read (System.Byte version, System.Int32 treeSize, System.IO.FileStream fileStream, System.Byte[] dataBuffer, System.Int32 dataOffset, System.Int32 dataSize, Codice.CM.WorkspaceServer.IWorkspaceRevisionInfoCache revisionCache) [0x00043] in <98f66477eed44bb782eb0c301b0da195>:0 
  at Codice.CM.WorkspaceServer.WorkspaceTreeDataStore.ReadWorkspaceContentFromFile (System.String filePath, System.String wkPath, Codice.CM.WorkspaceServer.IWorkspaceRevisionInfoCache revisionCache, Codice.Utils.Buffers.FlexibleBufferPool bufferPool) [0x000f0] in <98f66477eed44bb782eb0c301b0da195>:0 
  at Codice.CM.WorkspaceServer.WorkspaceTreeDataStore.ReadWorkspaceTreeContent (Codice.CM.Common.WorkspaceInfo wkInfo, System.String wkTreeFile, Codice.CM.WorkspaceServer.IWorkspaceRevisionInfoCache revisionCache, Codice.Utils.Buffers.FlexibleBufferPool bufferPool) [0x00008] in <98f66477eed44bb782eb0c301b0da195>:0 

I would update the workspace first to to point again to the head of the branch. But please backup your pending changes first.

Regards,

Carlos.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, calbzam said:

I can see a "wkcorruption" file in your shared folder related to the power outage.

Process name: Unity
Process image: C:\Program Files\Unity\Hub\Editor\2021.3.6f1\Editor\Unity.exe
Process started: 2022.11.02.12.31.33.673
Error: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
StackTrace:   at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T].get_Item (System.Int32 index) [0x00009] in <e40e5a8f982c4b618a930d29f9bd091c>:0 
  at System.Collections.Generic.List`1[T].System.Collections.IList.get_Item (System.Int32 index) [0x00000] in <e40e5a8f982c4b618a930d29f9bd091c>:0 
  at Codice.CM.WorkspaceServer.DataStore.WkTree.ReadLegacyWorkspaceTree.ReadNode (Codice.CM.Common.Serialization.PlasticBinaryReader reader, System.Collections.IList repSpecs, System.Collections.IList seids, Codice.CM.WorkspaceServer.IWorkspaceRevisionInfoCache cache, Codice.CM.WorkspaceServer.DataStore.WkTree.LegacyWorkspaceTreeOptions+Options options) [0x00018] in <98f66477eed44bb782eb0c301b0da195>:0 
  at Codice.CM.WorkspaceServer.DataStore.WkTree.ReadLegacyWorkspaceTree.ReadFromStream (System.Byte version, System.IO.Stream stream, Codice.CM.WorkspaceServer.IWorkspaceRevisionInfoCache revisionCache) [0x00026] in <98f66477eed44bb782eb0c301b0da195>:0 
  at Codice.CM.WorkspaceServer.DataStore.WkTree.ReadLegacyWorkspaceTree.Read (System.Byte version, System.Int32 treeSize, System.IO.FileStream fileStream, System.Byte[] dataBuffer, System.Int32 dataOffset, System.Int32 dataSize, Codice.CM.WorkspaceServer.IWorkspaceRevisionInfoCache revisionCache) [0x00043] in <98f66477eed44bb782eb0c301b0da195>:0 
  at Codice.CM.WorkspaceServer.WorkspaceTreeDataStore.ReadWorkspaceContentFromFile (System.String filePath, System.String wkPath, Codice.CM.WorkspaceServer.IWorkspaceRevisionInfoCache revisionCache, Codice.Utils.Buffers.FlexibleBufferPool bufferPool) [0x000f0] in <98f66477eed44bb782eb0c301b0da195>:0 
  at Codice.CM.WorkspaceServer.WorkspaceTreeDataStore.ReadWorkspaceTreeContent (Codice.CM.Common.WorkspaceInfo wkInfo, System.String wkTreeFile, Codice.CM.WorkspaceServer.IWorkspaceRevisionInfoCache revisionCache, Codice.Utils.Buffers.FlexibleBufferPool bufferPool) [0x00008] in <98f66477eed44bb782eb0c301b0da195>:0 

I would update the workspace first to to point again to the head of the branch. But please backup your pending changes first.

Regards,

Carlos.

Which option should I select to resolve the directory conflicts?
I need to do that before the update

evil twin.png

I would select to keep the destination changes so your changes are discarded and you may be able to have a clean workspace pointing to the head of the branch.

Later you should be able to re-apply your changes (please backup everything that it's not commited and you don't want to lose).

Regards,

Carlos.

12 minutes ago, calbzam said:

I would select to keep the destination changes so your changes are discarded and you may be able to have a clean workspace pointing to the head of the branch.

Later you should be able to re-apply your changes (please backup everything that it's not commited and you don't want to lose).

Regards,

Carlos.

Al right, thank you. I updated the workspace, so I have no more conflicts, however the issue did delete every object in the hierarchy of a scene and having updated the workspace hasn't solved it.

Please check that your workspace is properly updated pointing to the head of the branch. If in the head of the branch, you still have some some private items, it means they are not in the repo, so you can checkin them if you need to have them in the project.

Regards,

Carlos.