Plastic SCM for web applications

bolti95

Hi, 

looking to move from bitbucket over to Plastic SCM. It seems generally Plastic SCM is preferable for projects using Unity (anything with larger files) etc. I'm using a digital ocean droplet (Ubuntu 22.04) to host web applications, with deploys from bitbucket. I'd like to clarify a few more things about Plastic SCM cloud... 

• when using source control for web apps all that's necessary is cloning a repository / supplying a repository link. Can the same be done with Plastic SCM? Or, does the client need to be installed for this to work, if it can be used this way?

• When installing Plastic SCM client, how much memory is required? In my case i'd like to pull a couple repos up from cloud, nothing heavy, and ignore other repos that contain some chunkier projects. Is it possible to install only those few repositories and ignore other repos in the cloud list on a connected machine?

• Another thing... I see Plastic SCM has a great GUI, but can it be used with the command line alone, with the cloud?

Thanks for your help :) 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

The client needs to be downloaded as it is the only way you can handle the content as of today.

The client is lightweight, around 400MB. Then you can select what content you want to download, and even work centralized with the cloud server getting only the content of a changeset (a commit in Git's jargon) to avoid downloading the whole repo.

And finally, yes, you can use it with the command line tool: https://www.plasticscm.com/documentation/cli/plastic-scm-version-control-cli-guide

Best,

Héber.