PlasticSCM does not display changes correctly when files change line encoding

ben

I downloaded an updated version of an Unreal Engine plugin from GitHub, deleted its old directory and in the same location with the same name, added the new directory. I selected all the changes that PlasticSCM had detected and chose "Undo unchanged".

However 30+ plain-text files (C++ .cpp and .h files) that are identical are still being detected as "changed" by PlasticSCM (see screenshot).

Using VimDiff shows that the two files are identical, but have different line encodings (see screenshot).

"Undo unchanged" does not work for the example file. There is nothing in the GUI to indicate that this change is actually a change in line encoding.

I have attached the old and new versions of the file for you to check.

Many users would not understand that line encodings changing could be an issue, and the GUI does not explain what has changed. I think other version control software has more explicit options for dealing with line encoding.

image.thumb.png.47250fbc5cacffdd7e7fabff069bd7d9.png

image.thumb.png.2cdd15c4e2f50ca41cd499ade570f8d8.png

LuaCommandExecutor.old LuaCommandExecutor.new

• 1 month later...

Apologies for the delay in response. Missed this one somehow! Appreciate the feedback as always.

Are you just requesting that we display when only the line endings change in a more user-friendly manner? If so, do you have any suggestions about how you would like to see this implemented? Or are you suggesting that "Undo unchanged" would also undo files where only the line-endings have changed? (This seems counter-intuitive and may effect other users who would not want this behaviour)