Plastic SCM and Gluon Don't Retain Maximized Window State

seesemichaelj

Both the desktop apps (Plastic SCM and Gluon) for Windows always open in a windowed mode at the last resolution. If I close the application while it's maximized, it will reopen at the maximized resolution but not in the maximized state. This is frustrating as I'm constantly switching between maximized/windowed states, and I do not want the window to be the full ~1080p resolution in the window state as it makes it hard to use, causing me to constantly have to manually resize the window again. Further, when it opens in this full resolution window mode instead of in a maximized mode, it will not be centered on the screen. It will be to the right a little, causing it to overflow on to the monitor to the right and making it possible for me to click the window behind it on the left.

Here is the desired behavior:

• Save the last known windowed mode resolution. Whenever you go from maximized to windowed mode (i.e. clicking "Restore Down" button next to the X button in the menu bar), go to that last known windowed mode resolution.
  • Do not save the resolution when the window is in maximized mode
  • Save whether or not the last known mode is maximized or windowed, restore this mode when reopening/initializing the app
  • (Optional) Save the last known display the window was open on, restore to this display when reopening/initializing the app
    • It's fine if initializing into a windowed mode to just start in the center of the display

I'm not entirely sure, but it's possible Windows SDK provides a lot of this desired behavior as part of the OS. Generally speaking, letting the OS handle this is ideal; it's clear that these apps are overriding the behavior as other applications do not do the same.

• 3 weeks later...