Suggestion: Private Nameabled Pending Changelists for Organization

macal

Coming from Perforce, this is something I really appreciate. Select a bunch of things, make a new CL out of them with a clear name. This way if I ever need to push them later, I have a bundle of things ready to go. This is a good way to keep your private things organized for you and out of the way of other people. 

This would be a list still present in your pending window, but a collapsible group/reorderable list of collapsible groups at the bottom of the pending, just like in Perforce.

Having to go into the ignore.conf file to really manage files efficiently seems to go against Plastic's simplified route (even then you can't group items scattered around the project), but currently it's doing so at the cost of functionality which is 100% worse than having complexity in the UI.

On 12/9/2022 at 12:46 PM, blue said:

Hi @macal,

If you have something on pending and wish to checkin that changes later, it seems shelving is an option for you. 

https://blog.plasticscm.com/2012/02/shelving-stashing-introduced.html 

Sure it is! but I'm already in this view, opening another is lame compared to just making more of these. From a UI/UX perspective this is far superior, and we're already in a GUI.
image.png.212052cd53bca6eb507ad7bb5556231e.png

@macal - 

I will bring your valuable feedback(including shelving in the pending change and cloaked, ignore) to the team meeting. As multiple shelve items can be shelved, I am not sure this is ideal for all users. Private items should appear in the pending changes view if the configuration is sorted accordingly.

• Thanks 1