How do I UN-Private something? There's no obvious r-click add to pending?

macal

@ollieblanks iirc my situations was that I was checking in an item via pending, and it wasn't showing up for other people. My understanding was that it was private and checked in, and I wasn't able to easily remove this item from private and into (normal?) pending that's viewable to all. Does this sound correct?

In this situation, is the only way to remove this item from private is to edit the text file that holds all of the paths for private files directly?

Like I stated before the term "private" is given to a file that exists on the local machine and is not yet controlled by source control. Once you check-in a "private" item, then this file is no longer "private", it is "controlled". The statement you have given does not sound correct to me, there is no combination of "private" and "checked-in" that I am aware of.

If you have checked in a file and it is not appearing for your colleagues I would look into where exactly you checked in that file. It might be that your workspace is pointing to a local repository rather than the repository shared with your colleagues.

Hope this helps!