No Plastic SCM Plug-in in VS2013

ChrisS

Hi all,

VS2013 ws already installedbefore I installed SCM but it is not seeing Plastic SCM as a Source control at all.

Anyone have any ideas ?

Ive done a serach but all I could find was a post from 2013 which described a hack when VS2013 was in preview.

Many thanks

Chris

Okay, this is getting a tad silly.

Now when I fire up PlasticSCM (v5) it is saying it cannot find jiraextension.dll in a PlasticSCM4 folder.

I used to use v4 early last year but it is long gone.

I have reinstalled v5 numerous times and even uninstalled VS2013 and reinstalled it (and that is one big pain) but with no luck.

I've tried installing just the Jira stuff but same errors.

Any ideas anyone ?

Hi Chris,

can you try the same command using an administrator command line? We use "VSIXInstaller" to get the Plastic SCM binaries inside VS, lets check if we can get more info.

"c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\Common7\IDE\VSIXInstaller.exe" /q "c:\Program Files\PlasticSCM5\client\plasticscm-visualstudio.vsix"

Make sure the “VSIXInstaller.exe” tool (c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 12.0\Common7\IDE\VSIXInstaller.exe) in installed in your computer and the Plastic SCM package is available (plasticscm-visualstudio.vsix).

Maybe the VS installation is having missing packages/libraries, executing the command will give us more information. Please send me the output.

Thanks for your help Manu.

The command above worked

I think the problem here is that I had originally installed PSCM to the C drive and then reinstalled it to the D Drive.

I booted into safe mode and removed all the folders for PSCM I had created, removed the Service via 'sc' and a fresh install worked.

That seemed to work

When I tried to configure the client I did get an error to do with JIRA (I use Atlassian JIRA for issue tracking) but once I told it to use Atlassian for Issue Tracking that went away.

I think that maybe the uninstall process is not wiping Registry entries fully and I did notice that after an uninstall there were about 12 DLL files still in the PlasticSCM folder.

But all's well that ends well.

Again, thanks for the help.

Chris

Archived