Command Line Tool

Good day everyone..

I'm running a Community edition of plastic scm, and due to server/user changes the active users grew up to 15..

I should deactivate a couple of users (11 out of 15 actually) to be able to activate our brand new 5th developer

I read in an old post that I should run some commands ("cm li" and "cm du"), but I have a problem.. where am I supposed to run those commands? is there a command line tool inside plastic? or what?

I tried to read a bit of the online documentation, but command-line-commmands are commonly referred without specifing where they sholud be run.. or I'm just getting blind..

Plastic version is 4.1.10.450 (Oporto)

Additionally and partially linked to the first question (if it's preferable, I'll open a new post), is there a way to "join" users? for example, by now I've worked with at least 3/4 different users, I would like that everything that "belongs" to different users such as "user1", "user2", "user3" and "S-1-1521-11451....." to fall down under my current user (probably, I won't be able to guess who's "S-1-1521-11451...", but I'll try :) )

Thank you in advance,

Alberto

Hi there Alberto!

look, you need to open a command line interface, "cmd" for windows or "terminal" in Unix, an run the "cm" commands.

cm li -> Will give you the license information.

cm du -> Will deactivate users.

cm au -> Wll activate users.

The three commands must be executed with the repository server owner user, if it's still "ALL_USERS" change it to yourself.

Ok.. Thank you... and sorry..

I didn't even tried because it seemed "too simple".. my fault

I have a couple more questions:

1) If I run cm du, will it deactivate ALL users and they will automatically reactivate the first time they start plastic? Or can I deactivate a single user bu name?

2) I don't think so, but will deactivating a user have an impact on plastic usage? ex: if "User1" is the owner/creator of one or more changesets, deactivating it I will keep on seeing that "User1" is the creator, but he will not be able to perform new operations, right?

3) As for the other question? Is there a way to "merge" the old users with the current one? If the answer is "Yes, manually performing sql queries to the database" I'll think about it, but if there's a tool/procedure for it it would be cool.

Thank you again,

Alberto.

Hi!

1) If I run cm du, will it deactivate ALL users and they will automatically reactivate the first time they start plastic? Or can I deactivate a single user bu name?

You can do it for a single user, in fact you can't do it for all of them at once.

So, "cm du peter" will deactivate Peter.

Check the command help and examples by typing "cm du --help"

2) I don't think so, but will deactivating a user have an impact on plastic usage? ex: if "User1" is the owner/creator of one or more changesets, deactivating it I will keep on seeing that "User1" is the creator, but he will not be able to perform new operations, right?

Right, history is preserver, the only effect will be that the "user1" won't be able to login.

3) As for the other question? Is there a way to "merge" the old users with the current one? If the answer is "Yes, manually performing sql queries to the database" I'll think about it, but if there's a tool/procedure for it it would be cool.

Only through sql sorry.

I thought I had won the war, but I was wrong :)

I ran a "cm du" command, but it doesn't allow me because I'm not the repository administrator. 

I'm running the command with server/domain administrator, and it is the same user with which I installed plastic on the server. I verified with the Admin Tool and there's no "Current administrator"

How can I set the administrator?

Note: Authentication mode is set to "Local users and group names +ids defined in the OS"

Thank you,

Alberto

• 2 months later...

Archived