WebUI doesn't show source or diffs

naris

We have the PlasticSCM 5.4.16.619 server, client and webui installed on the same Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise machine running IIS7 with WebUI as the Default Web Site. The WebUI mostly works (once you click refresh a bunch of times), except that it will not show any source or diffs.

If we navigate to the Items pans and then to a file, the Details and Annotate show only the header that indicates the Branch and Changeset with nothing underneath it.

Clicking Raw produces a completely blank page with nothing there.

We tried adding a Code Review for a Changeset and attempted to expand one of the files therein (by clicking the +) and it produced the error message 'Error calculating differences: Access to the path 'plastic4' is denied.' (once we had enabled detailed error reporting in IIS7).

We turned all logs up to DEBUG and webui.log.txt also has "ServerProfile: Access to the path 'plastic4' is denied." in it. We searched the server and granted Everyone full control over every plastic4 directory we could find in the machine (including 1 in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\plastic\bin). We also granted Everyone full control over the C:\inetpub\wwwroot directory.

I have attach the webui.log.txt file.

We would greatly appreciate any assistance you could give us.

Murray

webui.log.txt

I tried granting Everyone full access to C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Local\plastic4, after first creating that directory since it did not exist, and restarting IIS. The result is the same Access to the path 'plastic4' is denied message (which is also in the webui.log.txt file). I also tried creating a new AD user (plastic), re-deploying the WebUI using that user, creating a C:\Users\plastic\AppData\Local\plastic4 (after logging in as that user and granting Everyone full access to that directory. That did not work either. I also tried creating AppData/Roaming/plastic4 directories (since that is where %appdata% points at) to no avail.

I also tried creating and granting full access to Everyone for C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\plastic4,  C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Roaming\plastic4, C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Local\plastic4 and C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\NetworkService\AppData\Roaming\plastic4 directories, but it still has the Access to the path 'plastic4' is denied message.

• 4 weeks later...

I changed the Identity of the IIS Application Pool to an actual user instead of one of the System users and it now works.

BTW, I also had to create a .NET Framework version 2.0 pool to get it to run, I had already done that, but figured that information might be helpful for others.

Thank you very much for your assistance

Archived