Office 2007

lojikl

Hi,

I have recently tried to start using the Office 2007 add-in with Plastic. Unfortunately they cause all Office apps to slow down terribly.

Like a minute to load after launching from the Start Menu and even more if you start by double clicking a document.

Seems like network latency but the PlasticSCM UI and tools are not this slow.

Cheers.

Hi,

The fact is that the Plastic plugin depends less on the network, since it uses a small subset of functionalities comparing to the full Plastic GUI, and the fact you say that the GUI startup just fine.

If I remember correctly, you had a local server installed on your laptop?

If you suspect network latency, you could close all applications, reconfigure your Plastic client to use the locally installed Plastic server on your laptop and add a word document to the local plastic repository and try the test case.

Tell us how it goes,

Miller

• 3 weeks later...

HI lojikl,

There is no log capability for the office plugin because it is not needed, I haven't seen this latency before, but you know, we will figure it out :) as always.

however, the plugin is for Excel, Word and powerpoint, do you have this latency with other tools of the office 2007 suite Publisher, Outlook, Infopath etc.?

I PM'ed you to have a look at it directly before my vacations start :).

Miller

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

OK, so forgive me for bumping a four-year old thread, but this is the top Google result for "plastic scm office plugin slow" so it makes more sense to post here than to start another thread.

Was this issue ever resolved? We love Plastic SCM, but Word now takes one to two minutes to load since installing the plug-in.

Thanks,

Al

• 4 weeks later...

Archived