error: insufficient disk space

hugogamesjacob

Alright, I am now trying to migrate the database files to mysql.

On my first attempt it throws the following error: "Packets larger than max_allowed_packet are not allowed. at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlStream.SendPacket".

I manage to fix that by editing the my.ini for mysql and setting the "max allowed package" to a large number.

Now i have successfully migrated the database files using the migrate tool from the admin program. But it does not work on my clients.

If I create a new workspace nothing happens when I press the "Update workspace" button. Just a quick progress bar saying that the workspace is up to date. But it does not download any files that were located in the repository

If I try to commit from an existing workspace that already contains the repository files it throws the following error: "the item should be found on the server tree. Child [Assets].Parent[]"

All changesets and branches shows up correctly.

post-28396-0-25089700-1422997780_thumb.jpg

Hi,

Could you review if the workspace selector is pointing to a specific changeset (cs:0), so you no content is being downloaded to your workspace?  You can just drive to the branch explorer -->  right-click --> switch workspace to main branch.

Regards,

Carlos.

Hi again.

It is pointing to the main branch. I also tried what you proposed : right-click --> switch workspace to main branch. But that didn't change anything.

Nothing works at the moment.

Tried to change to another changeset inside my workspace, but the result was that it just deletted all my files, so leaving me with an empty workspace (except for ignored files)...

If I create a brand new workspace and press the update, nothing happens.

Hello Jacob,

I think you are using the Team edition, that gives you the chance of contacting support using the email system, then we can answer you and even remotely connect to your machine to get it solved.

That being said you can write us, but first let me answer you here.

First thing to check is if the migration from sqlserver ce to mysql went fine, you can open the branch explorer and use the "Browse repository for this changeset" option to review if the changeset is loading the expected tree or not, you can even double click a file while you are browsing a changeset to review the file content. The diff operation double clicking a changeset  is a good way to review if the differences makes sense.

If the changeset is empty then we need to take a look into the migration, if not I can't see the reason why it's not downloading the content, we can review the server log and enable it for the client too. But connecting with you 15 minutes is faster and better.

Hey

Thanks for the reply. With your information I think I was able to solve the problem!

Seems like the last 4 changesets have been corrupted for some reason - any of the last 4 changeset had an empty tree. I just deleted those last 4 changesets with empty trees and now it seems to work again. Though not really comfortable not knowing why they didn't work.

I hope it is working now! :)

ok.

Actually it was still not working probably just by deleting the corrupted changesets on the new database. It continued to throw errors when I started plastic.

What I had to do was to load the backup and switch back to the old SqlServerCE. From here I delete the 4 changeset that I knew would not work after the migration. Then I migrated again.

Now it seems to work.

Nice to know it's working fine now :)

You mentioned an issue with the MySQL packet size, I think you already fiexd it but make sure you have the rest of parameters tuned: https://plasticscm.com/documentation/administration/plastic-scm-version-control-administrator-guide.shtml#ConfigurePlasticSCMwithMySQL

Plastic will perform much better with that configuration guidelines.

Archived