Duplicate Users Taking Up Licenses?

Xorcist

When I run "cm li" on our master repo server, I see two users duplicated (see attachment), so they are taking up 4 licenses instead of 2. Any ideas why? We're currently setup to use Active Directory, but only recently (could these be linked with account previously setup through LDAP?). How do I know which users a "cm du" will actually deactivate when they're duplicates like this?

Hi,

Yes, it seems that you used the same user name in two different authentication modes. It´s not a common scenario but it could happen. You can just deactivate both users. The current users with activate their licenses again as soon a they perform any operation on the server.

Just remember always to select a known user as the repository server admin. This way you will always have the server control.

Regards,

Carlos.

When I did a "cm du" for one of the duplicate users, it only deactivated one... then that user could not log in via Active Directory, so I'm assuming the LDAP user is still active. doing a second "cm du" with the same user name told me the user was already deactivated. Is there another way to deactivate the LDAP user? Maybe by ID or something? And if so, how do I get the user ID? Do I maybe need to switch the server back to LDAP mode to deactivate the LDAP users? Running a "cm lu" shows only one instance of each user...

Archived