Installation on linux issues: libgdiplus

ethos

I get this error when trying to run the config

[root@localhost server]# ./configureserver

Unhandled Exception: System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for System.Windows.Forms.XplatUI ---> System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for System.Drawing.GDIPlus ---> System.DllNotFoundException: libgdiplus.so.0.0.0

at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Drawing.GDIPlus:GdiplusStartup (ulong&,System.Drawing.GdiplusStartupInput&,System.Drawing.GdiplusStartupOutput&)

at System.Drawing.GDIPlus..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at System.Drawing.Graphics.FromHdcInternal (IntPtr hdc) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Windows.Forms.XplatUIX11.SetDisplay (IntPtr display_handle) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Windows.Forms.XplatUIX11..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Windows.Forms.XplatUIX11.GetInstance () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Windows.Forms.XplatUI..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.EnableVisualStyles () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at afn.y () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

I've attached the mono log level info.

EDIT:

[root@localhost server]# uname -a

Linux localhost.localdomain 2.6.18-194.26.1.el5 #1 SMP Tue Nov 9 12:54:20 EST 2010 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

centos, fully updated.

configureserver.info.txt

Ethos,

can you execute cm version

I want to know the version of the Plastic SCM you are running.

Looks like you have some dependency problems, One thing I noticed in the logs is that the system cant find GLIBC_2.7, try installing that.

I don't have a centos around so I cant investigate this.

This thread could help, try it a share with us if it solved the issue.

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=542860&page=2

[root@localhost plasticscm]# cm version

Centos 5 is listed as a supported operating system. But if glibc 2.7 is a system requirement of the GUI, then Centos 5 and RHEL 5 will not support the GUI as listed in the doc. They are based off of glibc 2.5 and will be limited to command line only.

Ethos,

RHEL 5 is supported we have many guys working with it, regarding the Glib2.7 thingy,

have you tried the link I sent, some guys are having issues running unrar without the above glib, and they were talking about

RPMforge https://rpmrepo.org/RPMforge/Using.

Would be great if you guys can help with this, I don't have a centos right now,

but am gonna find one, even if I need to buy a dedicated machine for it.

note: "Love buying more machines :)"

Plastic should work on these too, no is not an answer here :)

Let me see what we can do, right.

Miller

Miller,

I would recommend just using a virtual machine over buying dedicated hardware. Should be able to run vmware player to attempt to reproduce it.

I would prefer a solution that sticks to the offical centos repositories and none of the third party ones(RPMforge, RPMfusion, atrpms, etc).

The command line utilities seem work, the server seems works, just none of the gui applications do.

• 9 months later...

Hi folks,

I'm having this same issue and it's the better part of a year later and no follow up here. I wanted to show Plastic to my boss, but hit the same exception.

At work we're using CentOS 5.3 64-bit.

Any progress or update to this issue? Perhaps a bundle of libs we could untar to the plastic application directory?

Cheers,

Chip

• 8 months later...

Hi Miller,

I have exactly the same problem, using the latest 64bit plastic 4 installer (PlasticSCM-4.1.10.296-linux-x64-installer.run) on Xubuntu 12.04, uname -a says: " 3.2.0-25-generic #40-Ubuntu SMP Wed May 23 20:30:51 UTC 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux" .

First I attempted to install the system-mono and use it instead, but plastic will not even try to launch the gui as it is missing some 'u9' resource. Probably I am missing some mono-module that plastic wants, however, I don't know which one that would be.

A 32bit installer will not run on a linux 64 system, as distros usually don't have a 32 bit compatability mode as windows does.

As you claim(ed) 1.5 years ago its already fixed, maybe you can share the fix so I can apply it on my system ?

In fact, the latest version I can use is PlasticSCM-4.0.239.19-linux-x64-installer.run, as it seems to be the last one which is compatible with our plastic server. Usually I fix these kinds of mono-issues by installing as plastic that works, and then using its mono for an older plastic version.

Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a working version of plastic 4, so I am hoping you can help.

I suggest you download the xubuntu I have, (http://ftp.tu-chemni...sktop-amd64.iso) and give it a try on a VM - I use the exact same ISO myself, on a virtual box virtual machine.

Thanks so much,

Sebastian

Hi Manu,

The version of the installer that I would need, 4.0.239.19, seems to be unavailable for Linux32. I get a 404 when hitting any of the 32 bit linux links.

However, I tried the 32 bit installer of the latest version, and it cannot be startet. Its not a valid executable on a 64 bit OS.

Please understand that I don't even expect you to support every linux distribution on the face of this earth, and in this particular case, its just something 'good to have' for me. Some time later this year I will switch computers and to that very version of ubuntu, by then the issue might already be fixed.

Sorry Sebastian, but I cannot reproduce the issue; I've just tried every single link of the 4.0.239.19 release and it works fine for me. :-(

Could you please double check?

Best,

Luis

Hi Luis,

Now it works for me as well, I should have made a screenshot. Can it be that the link points to another domain, so that the java script thinks the file doesn't exist if the name resolution is not fast enough ? At the time of my 404, I was in a VPN which causes name resolution to be slow. All other links worked anyway, so maybe it just didn't exist when I tried.

Anyway, thanks for checking this issue and for the quick response.

• 4 months later...

Hi,

I'm having the same issue trying the x64 installer (Version 4.1.10.364 (2012.05.11))

With ubuntu 12.10 - uname -a => 3.5.0-18-generic #29-Ubuntu SMP Fri Oct 19 10:26:51 UTC 2012 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

jmarti@jmarti:/opt/plasticscm4/server$ ls -l /usr/lib|grep libgdipl

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 19 jul 10 22:37 libgdiplus.so -> libgdiplus.so.0.0.0

lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 19 jul 10 22:37 libgdiplus.so.0 -> libgdiplus.so.0.0.0

-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 415632 jul 10 22:37 libgdiplus.so.0.0.0

jmarti@jmarti:/opt/plasticscm4/server$ sudo ./configureserver

Unhandled Exception: System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for System.Windows.Forms.XplatUI ---> System.TypeInitializationException: An exception was thrown by the type initializer for System.Drawing.GDIPlus ---> System.DllNotFoundException: libgdiplus.so.0.0.0

at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Drawing.GDIPlus:GdiplusStartup (ulong&,System.Drawing.GdiplusStartupInput&,System.Drawing.GdiplusStartupOutput&)

at System.Drawing.GDIPlus..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Drawing.Graphics.FromHdcInternal (IntPtr hdc) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Windows.Forms.XplatUIX11.SetDisplay (IntPtr display_handle) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Windows.Forms.XplatUIX11..ctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Windows.Forms.XplatUIX11.GetInstance () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Windows.Forms.XplatUI..cctor () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at System.Windows.Forms.Application.EnableVisualStyles () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at aw8.y () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Hi!

let's check that Mono has no idea where your gdiplus library is:

$ ldconfig -p |grep libgdiplus

Taken from the mono official documentation (http://mono-project....tFoundException) you can solve the issue by adding the reference into the "/etc/ld.so.conf " file.

The correct way to fix this problem is to add /usr/local/lib as one of the paths that ldconfig indexes. To do this, add the path to /etc/ld.so.conf and run "ldconfig" as root, which will force the cache to be rebuilt.

The dynamic linker should now know about all the libraries in this path. You can verify this by typing the above command once again:

$ ldconfig -p |grep libgdiplus

libgdiplus.so (libc6) => /usr/local/lib/libgdiplus.so

Yay! Your application should now run properly.

• 1 month later...

Try renaming the library distributed by us:

sudo mv /opt/plasticscm4/mono/lib/libgdiplus.so.0.0.0 /opt/plasticscm4/mono/lib/libgdiplus.so.0.0.0.bak

Then, check that the mono framework still knows about the local one:

ldconfig -p |grep libgdiplus

Finally run a:

plastic --configure

Tell us if the config. wizard shows up.

• 3 months later...

I had similar issue with Ubuntu 12.10, the above error during installation, but it was not catastrophic and i ignored it and launched plastic, I was able to go past initial configuration, but once the Plastic GUI loaded I had strange errors. 

While debugging it I realised that Plastic ships with version of mono in its installation, and it turned out that all issues were due to stock mono binaries being used which are part of Ubuntu installation, when I launched Plastic using mono version included with Plastic installation everything worked like a charm. So if your installation directory for plasticscm is /opt/plasticscm4/ then you can type /opt/plasticscm4/mono/bin/mono /opt/plastiscm4/client/plastic.exe to correctly execute plastic under mono.

Hope this will be helpful to someone..

After using the system with my solution, I realized very soon that it was crashing during check-in process, with GDI+ error. while debugging the issue mono was trying to load libjpeg.so.62 file, and it was not present in the mono/lib folder. I copied the existing libjpeg.so.2 file to libjpeg.so.62 file. This solved the GDI+ error, and now I am able to load everything using regular plastic script included with the plastic package, check-ins are also working. This ensured that libgdiplus.so.0.0.0 included in mono/lib directorty under plastic was actually finally able to load, otherwise since ubuntu has stock mono binaries also, it was loading libgdiplus from /usr/lib folder and i think that was causing some sort of mis-match and GDI+ errors.

Archived