Use xlink with Unity, but...

Seto

I want to use xlink with Unity. The files from xlink is marked as local(a red dot with it). I feel inconvenient to see it. It's showed even I add the path to ignored list. Yet, it's okay with Plastic SCM GUI. But in Unity, it makes me feel inconvenient. And also other ignored files are marked as local(a red dot with it). I feel inconvenient as well.

And for ignore.conf. It seems that it doesn't support the rule like git

[Ll]ibrary/
[Tt]emp/
[Oo]bj/

Is Plastic SCM ignore case-sensitive? Or it's not case-sensitive because it's a windows(windows path is not case-sensitive) app written by C#?

I found gitsync.conf for submodules section description in the forum. Yet, why is the description of gitsync.conf missing in the documentation? And also, does the gitsync support for git branches? Or it supports master branch only?

And for ignore.conf. It seems that it doesn't support the rule like git

[Ll]ibrary/
[Tt]emp/
[Oo]bj/

Is Plastic SCM ignore case-sensitive? Or it's not case-sensitive because it's a windows(windows path is not case-sensitive) app written by C#?

We have our own syntax, here you have some examples: http://codicesoftware.blogspot.com/2014/11/configuring-ignored-items-on-your.html

The rules will behave as case-sensitive when you are in a case-sensitive OS.

I want to use xlink with Unity. The files from xlink is marked as local(a red dot with it). I feel inconvenient to see it. It's showed even I add the path to ignored list. Yet, it's okay with Plastic SCM GUI. But in Unity, it makes me feel inconvenient. And also other ignored files are marked as local(a red dot with it). I feel inconvenient as well.

I don't understand what you mean, can you show us an screenshot?

We have our own syntax, here you have some examples: http://codicesoftware.blogspot.com/2014/11/configuring-ignored-items-on-your.html

The rules will behave as case-sensitive when you are in a case-sensitive OS.

Does it support regular expression?

[Ll]ibrary/
[Tt]emp/
[Oo]bj/

This in git will match

Library
library
Temp
temp
Obj
obj

What's the equivalent of it?

Hi Seto!

first of all, easily rollback the GUI state by removing the "C:\Users\<Your_User>\AppData\Local\plastic4\mainform.conf" file.

How do you get it bigger and bigger?

Okay. It fixes my problem. I don't know which behavior will get it bigger and bigger. I just use it. Anyway, your solution works.

Hi! Let me wrap it up :P

Does it support regular expression?

[Ll]ibrary/
[Tt]emp/
[Oo]bj/

This in git will match

Library
library
Temp
temp
Obj
obj

What's the equivalent of it?

It will be this:

^.*/[Ll]ibrary$
^.*/[Ll]ibrary/.*$
^.*/[Tt]emp$
^.*/[Tt]emp/.*$
^.*/[Oo]bj$
^.*/[Oo]bj/.*$
ignore.conf
ignore.conf~

This thread answers me. But the contents in this thread isn't in the documentation.

http://www.plasticscm.net/index.php?/topic/2437-gitsync-plastic-xlink-and-git-submodules-mapping/

Ok, so what you want is a match between an xlink and a git submodule.

I understood you that you wanted to create an xlink targeting a git repository (which is not possible).

We'll be documenting this asap, if you have any question just ask. As you saw it's pretty simple, you just need to define the matching at the gitsync.conf file.

attachicon.gifQQ截图20150317000920.png

It's not with red dot now. They're all like the one with red dots. Art is an xlink.

Well, that icon represents that the files or directories are not in Plastic SCM yet, you need to add them to the repository.

Take a look into this: https://www.plasticscm.com/unity-stealth-demo/put-the-code-under-version-control.html

Okay. It fixes my problem. I don't know which behavior will get it bigger and bigger. I just use it. Anyway, your solution works.

Great :) If it starts happening again please try to check if you are doing something special. 

Well, that icon represents that the files or directories are not in Plastic SCM yet, you need to add them to the repository.

Take a look into this: https://www.plastics...on-control.html

No. I understood the icon. I mean I updated the workspace, and it pull the xlink content. But the files are marked with red dot before. Yet, it's without the red dot now. It solves my problem.

I just want to know whether it is a bug while xlink files are marked with red dots.

No. I understood the icon. I mean I updated the workspace, and it pull the xlink content. But the files are marked with red dot before. Yet, it's without the red dot now. It solves my problem.

I just want to know whether it is a bug while xlink files are marked with red dots.

Ok, in that case I guess the icon was not refreshed after the update operation. 

Archived