SemanticMerge on "unsupported" linux distro

spielc

Hi,

Is it possible to provide a link to one of the actual linux-packages? I don't mind if it is rpm or deb as soon as i have something in hand i can convert it to a tar.gz and install it manually. It would be nice to have a tarball but i can live with the other formats too... Thanks in advance!

Hi! 
You'll need to configure the `semanticmerge/mono_setup` file: replace `@@MONOINSTALLDIR@@` with your local mono install prefix (typically `/usr`)

don't forget to link the `semanticmergetool` executable file to your `PATH`, either by symlink (`ln -s /path/to/semanticmerge/semanticmergetool /usr/bin/semanticmergetool`) or by adding the install directory to your path: add `export PATH="/path/to/semanticmerge:$PATH"` to your ~/.profile file.

Also, copy the `semanticmerge/semanticmerge.desktop` file to `/usr/share/applications`. This will make your desktop environment aware of your brand new semanticmerge installation

P.S: remember that you'll need to have installed mono >=3.0.3, gtk-sharp >= 2.12 and gnome-sharp >= 2.24 to ensure compatibility

Hi,

Just a heads up! After installing all the necessary dependencies (had to use the dotnet-overlay to get the correct versions...) i was able to run semanticmerge without and problems. So using this method semanticmerge also runs on gentoo + derivates...

Thanks again for your help!

Christoph

Archived