[Unity 5.0] How to Automatically 'Revert Unchanged'

AdamKane

Hello,

When using the PlasticSCM plugin within Unity 5.0, my team is finding that the majority of the items listed in the Outgoing pending changesets are actually not changed. Seeing so many files go red that have been unchanged is a bit confusing and disconcerting. Is there a way to only list pending changeset files for files that have actually been changed?

Usually there are many unchanged files listed, but here's an example with just one unchanged file listed for the pending changeset, just before the 'Revert Unchanged' operation:

hYZlp2j.png

Screen recording video:

https://youtu.be/YF-nA0md8nA?t=58m16s

Thanks,

Adam

Hello Adam,

I'm sorry but we can't control the files shown in that view. Unity requests us to checkout certain files and we do it, later all the checked out items are displayed inside the outgoing changes list.

We'll share your suggestions with the Unity team, maybe they can find out how to improve it.

Note: Even if you try to checkin unchanged checked-out items Plastic will automatically undo them so if you want to avoid the "Revert unchanged" operation you can just let the checkin operation to handle them.

Hi Manu,

Thanks for the reply. I do understand that the unchanged items won't actually be checked-in/committed. The real issue is how do I explain to my artist team why 10 things go red when they've only changed one thing? It makes them nervous to touch anything. :-)

Let me know if I can provide any other details or screen captures for you to pass onto the Unity team.

Thanks,

Adam

Archived