Code Review : filetype not supported

GrandNagel

I have written a filetype.conf to my client folder as well as set up the client.conf to know about coldfusion filetypes:

How do I convince this tool to diff a CFC or CFM file?

D?

filetypes.conf

=======================================================================================

# Plastic SCM custom file types. Syntax: <extension>:<type>. Type can be 'txt' or 'bin'.

# Examples:

# .cpp:txt

# .jpg:bin

.cfm:txt

.CFM:txt

.cfc:txt

.CFC:txt

.js:txt

.JS:txt

.htm:txt

.HTM:txt

client.conf... (snipped)

=======================================================================================

<DiffTools>

<DiffToolData>

<FileType>enTextFile</FileType>

<FileExtensions>*</FileExtensions>

<Tools>

<string>mergetool -s="@sourcefile" -sn="@sourcesymbolic" -d="@destinationfile" -dn="@destinationsymbolic" -a -t="@filetype" -i="@comparationmethod" -e="@fileencoding"</string>

</Tools>

</DiffToolData>

<DiffToolData>

<FileExtensions>.cfc</FileExtensions>

<Tools>

<string>mergetool -s="@sourcefile" -sn="@sourcesymbolic" -d="@destinationfile" -dn="@destinationsymbolic" -a -t="@filetype" -i="@comparationmethod" -e="@fileencoding"</string>

</Tools>

</DiffToolData>

<DiffToolData>

<FileExtensions>.cfm</FileExtensions>

<Tools>

</Tools>

</DiffToolData>

<DiffToolData>

<FileType>enBinaryFile</FileType>

<FileExtensions>*</FileExtensions>

<Tools>

<string>binmergetool -s="@sourcefile" -sn="@sourcesymbolic" -d="@destinationfile" -dn="@destinationsymbolic" -a -t="@filetype" -i="@comparationmethod" -e="@fileencoding"</string>

</Tools>

</DiffToolData>

</DiffTools>

GNagel,

OK, lets start step by step:

Clean up your filetypes.conf just a remark here, it is not filetype.conf (there is an s)

If you are running Plastic on windows, and from version 3.0.187.7 you do not need double entries in the file for the extensions like .XYZ and .xyz, so remove the redundant entries.

No need to modify your client.conf

See this link: http://www.plasticscm.net/forum193/default.aspx?g=posts&t=210

Miller

Thanks for the help. I fat fingered the post. the s was correctly on the filetypeS.conf file.

I removed the dup entries and it did not change the inability to deal with .cfc or .cfm files.

Where exactly is the filetypes.conf supposed to live? C:\Program Files\PlasticSCM\client or somewhere else.

Thanks,

D.

• 4 weeks later...

ok, so on win7 -- path to appdata : C:\Documents and Settings\Dennis\Local Settings\Application Data\plastic

filetypes.conf exists containing content:

# PlasticSCM custom file types.

# Syntax: <extension>:<type>

# Type can be 'txt' or 'bin'.

# Examples:

# .cpp:txt

# .jpg:bin

.cfm:txt

.cfc:txt

I deleted a workspace, and then created a new one in the same location and it did not detect and set the cfc and cfm files to binary. Why does this have to be such a pain in the @#$@#$!

D?

Hi,

Just one remark here: the way the filetypes works is:

- you add a file, then it checks the type using filetypes.

If a file is *already under source control* then changing the filetypes file won't help at all, you'll have to go to the file and change its type. But of course, it will work for new added files.

pablo

Archived