Codice.I3.Tree.ContainerListView Issues

skoobiedu

The Codice.I3.Tree.ContainerListView used throughout the Plastic GUI has a couple issues:

1. The first column, when auto-sized, under-sizes (the largest item has an ellipses).

2. All columns, when auto-sized and that aren't the first, over-size (they're too wide).

3. When a column is auto-sized and becomes too wide to display on screen in its entirety, the horizontal scroll bar doesn't update to the new state of the list; instead it reflects the previous state.

The second issue may have something to do with the auto-sizing algorithm. The same algorithm is probably being used for all columns instead of using one for the first column (which may have additional images before the text) and another for the other column(s).

I hope these issues are fixed in the next external release.

The attached image descriptions (all images are of the Items view in the Plastic GUI):

1. All of the columns have been auto-sized. This image demonstrates issues 1 and 2.

2. The first column has been manually sized to produce a scroll bar. The other columns are still auto-sized.

3. The first column has been auto-sized. This image demonstrates all of the issues.

These screen captures were taken in sequence.

P.S.

I think we both wish there was WPF support in Mono. WPF essentially negates the need to have custom built controls because you have full control over how the built-in controls are styled/themed.

post-167-131480816056_thumb.png

post-167-131480816069_thumb.png

post-167-131480816082_thumb.png

Hi!

Yes, we already made a fix on the "removed items" view for the next release and I've just asked one of the developers to take a look at the issues you mention. They won't be hard to fix.

Yes, MWF has been a good "partner" but it has its caveats, and I think we're one of the only projects really making strong use of it on Windows, Linux, MacOS X and even Solaris... which means we've to cope with most of their issues...

I think Mono should have focused on a good wrapper around Qt loong ago, but it never happened.

pablo

• 2 weeks later...
There's one other issue that I forgot about. Using CTRL and SHIFT separately to select single items or a group of items' date=' respectively, works, but CTRL+SHIFT to select multiple groups of items doesn't work.[/quote']

Hi Skoobi,

CTRL-Shift to select group-range is not supported yet, it is in our list and will be supported, but I cant give a date on that yet.

Thanks,

Miller

Archived