Strange Merging Error

jmilthaler

Just to add some more info.

I'm using 3.0.187.14

When I try to pull the parent branch into a local server, I receive the error "The parent of the revision rev:revid:1033743@repid:4 with guid <long guid here> can't be linked. Aborting."

It seems to me a revision was created when I performed the first merge, even though I discarded all of the changes from that merge.

Hi,

It seems you need to replicate a parent branch before continuing with the merge process because some revs are missing.

Where are you trying to perform the merge? On the replicated server or the main one? Can you check the parent branches related to the replica you're working on are correctly pushed??

(Note: we're working on a second generation replication system for the upcoming 4.0 that will get rid of these usability issues, but anyway, let's get this ironed out with the current one).

I'm performing the merge on the main server. I'm trying to merge from our integration branch to the main release branch. Our release branch is the root of the repository, so it has no parent branch. Our repository is setup as follows:

/main

Parent branch.

/main/Dev Mainline

Integration branch. Merged back to /main weekly

/main/Dev Mainline/<tracking number>

Task branches. Merged as needed.

The error in the first post occurs when trying to merge Dev Mainline into /main

The error in the second post occurs when trying to replicate /main to another server.

Cheers

Jayson

Archived