Plastic CLI - How to makelabel without being in the workspace

tom.peters

Good Day -

By now you may have noticed a series of topics I have opened regarding the CLI. This is because we have a home-grown application which we use for automated builds. I need to be able to checkout/checking/makelabel/label (and probably others) all without being in the workspace path.

Here is an example of what I am having trouble accomplishing:

C:\Documents and Settings\tom.peters>cm makelabel lb:junk04

Can't find repository for object 'lb:junk04'. The command has to either include

a full object specification (including repository) like 'lb:BL001@rep:default@lo

calhost:8084' or be run inside a workspace.

C:\Documents and Settings\tom.peters>cm makelabel lb:junk04@rep:default@sis-arm-

tpeter4:8084

Label name cannot contain any character of:

@#/:

As you can see, I get this funky error about labels not allowing '@#/:', but all I am doing is issuing the command requested. What is the correct command?

I really need access to some meaningful documentation on the CLI. I have a PDF and a link to the cheat sheet, but each time I open a topic here I find out these obscure commands that are not clearly documented (at least not in what I have received). Is there an official, full documentation on the CLI?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Tom

Hi Dave -

Thanks for the pointer, but this I already had going for me... :-"

I still don't understand why makelabel won't let me create a label while in a path other than the workspace path. According to the message I got:

C:\Documents and Settings\tom.peters>cm makelabel lb:junk04

Can't find repository for object 'lb:junk04'. The command has to either include

a full object specification (including repository) like 'lb:BL001@rep:default@lo

calhost:8084' or be run inside a workspace.

I should be able to do this:

C:\Documents and Settings\tom.peters>cm makelabel lb:junk04@rep:default@sis-arm-

tpeter4:8084

But I get this:

Label name cannot contain any character of:

@#/:

Now, history has proven that I am always to blame. I usually miss a character or misspell something. Does my command look correct based on the message back from cm?

Thanks for your time!

Tom

Archived