Sign in to follow this  
JanReimer

New workspace default directory

Hi,

this about a configuration item "default workspace directory" as supposed in this idea: http://plasticscm.uservoice.com/forums/15467-general/suggestions/7422880-facilitate-creating-a-new-workspace

Since the idea is marked completed and the feature doesn't seem to work, I suppose this is a bug!? I'm using latest Plastic SCM (5.4.16.664)

In addition, will there be a GUI configuration item for this?

Best regards

Jan

Hi, Jan!

Thank you for your feedback! We're terribly sorry: there was a typo in the resolution message. The affected file should be guiclient.conf instead of client.conf. We've updated the message to warn about this.

So, to configure your custom default workspace root, you'll just need to add a line like this in your guiclient.conf file (located by default at C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\plastic4\guiclient.conf):

<DefaultWorkspaceRoot>C:\path\to\your\custom\workspace\root</DefaultWorkspaceRoot>

Once you restart the GUI your preference will be refreshed.

Adding GUI controls to configure this setting is in our minds, but that feature will probably take some time to be released... Sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Miguel

Apologies for digging up a very old thread, but I need to set a default workspace location and this is the only post that seemed to have an answer.

I tried following the steps to edit guiclient.conf but as far as i can see it has no effect, and when Plastic is restarted the conf file is updated and the <DefaultWorkspaceRoot> line is removed. 

Is there a current way of doing this (I'm using 7.0.16.2856)?

You are using a very old client version. Anyway, the file to edit is:

C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\plastic4\plasticgui.conf

DefaultWorkspaceRoot=c:\Users\carlos\MyWorkspaces

Regards,

Carlos.

Thanks for the quick response, Carlos.  I should have done a bit more searching in that folder! Hoping to update the client as part of a general Windows 10 update, so looking forward to getting my hands on the newer features and bugfixes.