Can't connect to plastic server

sanyavb

I have next scheme:

1) Cient (Plastic) => Proxy => Internet => Server (Plastic). - connect Fail

2) Check of port (8087) => Proxy => Internet => Server (Plastic). - OK

3) Cient (Plastic) =>  Internet => Server (Plastic). - connect is successfully  !!!!(except proxy)!!!!

Are you sure the Plastic supports proxy???

Thanks

Hi!

mmmmm I'm not sure, I'll need to ask. Are you evaluating Plastic for your company?  

How many developers do you have? because I told you that you can use the Tube for only 2 developers but you can really use it for tons of them, you can setup a central server at the end of the tube and grant access for your developers on the other side.

You will be bypassing all the network inconveniences. Just think about it :)

• 2 years later...

Hello @limbicnation

Is your main Plastic SCM server using LDAP as the authentication method? Is the "hp-ws-z420:8087" server using LDAP as well? If that's true I guess your main Plastic SCM credentials are not valid for the "hp-ws-z420:8087" server and you will need to create a profile for ""hp-ws-z420:8087.

Check here hoy to do it: https://www.plasticscm.com/documentation/gui/plastic-scm-version-control-gui-guide.shtml#TheProfilesTab

Hi Manu,

Thanks for the fast response!

At this point I cannot retrieve a license file for the main server hp-ws-z420.

However I did download a new license File from the website and replace the license file in Server and the client configuration wizard. I don't now why this issue keeps happening. Is it because I'm using plastic on two computers? One being the server and the other one is the main ws. I would appreciate some insight into this issue. Appologie if I have asked these questions before. Thank you!

Plastic_!.jpg

Let me give you some points to check and actions.

1) Access the "HP-WS-Z420" machine and run run the server configuration tool, make sure the authentication is set to users&passord.

2) Open the umtoolgui tool and check you have users created to access the server, if the users list is empty create a new one.

3) Restart the Plastic SCM server service.

4) Delete the "C:\Users\<UserGoesHere>\AppData\Local\plastic4\profiles.conf" file.

5) Run plastic --configure and configure it to work with the "HP-WS-Z420:8087" server. The test connection and the check user credential connection should succeed.

6) Open the GUI and check if everything works.

Don't worry, I've seen you should be using a Personal License with only one license spot that I assume it's consumed by your testing user.

I've created a new license for you, please find it available at your www.plasticscm.com user dashboard. It will accept up to 3 users.

Use this new license to activate your user, became the Plastic Server admin and deactivate your testing user. Check the following blogpost to learn how to do it: http://blog.plasticscm.com/2016/01/how-to-manage-plastic-scm-licenses.html

Then you can go back to your personal license as this one I've created will work until Friday.

Yes, go back to the personal license, as far as I know it's the only one you have, right? If you have another one feel free to use it, mine will expire today.

You can use the same client user from both machines it will consume just one license.

Archived