Associate Jira Project with Plastic Workspace for branch creation/browser

SilverKnight

5.4.16.671 - Edmonton

Attempting to try out the new Jira integration with branch creation by browsing Jira issues for a project:

I was not able to find any information on actually getting that feature to work, but figured it was bound to the Project Key.  This is the initial configuration:

Bind issues to Plastic branches set

branch prefix: JIRA_

Project Key as : MULTIPLE_PROJECTS

When connected to jira, and attempting to create a new branch and on the "From task" tab/button, Plastic receives an error

"The remote server returned an error: (400) Bad Request."

Switching Jira integration configured DIRECTLY for the project prefix (which precludes it from working against multiple projects)

Project Key as : XA

(XA in the case for the respository I was attempting to create the branch on)

The dialog functions to retrieve the data and shows a list of IDs|Title|Assignee as expected, which is a really nice feature!

The question is, how can we (or is it even possible) configure a specific repository (or workspace) to be associated with a particular JIRA project prefix when there are multiple repositories, and multiple Jira projects?

Is there some file I can put in the root of the workspace that identifies the jira project prefix to use when creating new branches such that it will show the tasks (as it does when fully configured only for a single project key)?

If all else fails, I'll put in a feature request like this:

The dialog should be a tree view with the current list of projects - then I can choose (expand) the one I want, which then populates a list of issues associated with that project?

Would probably be nice to have a filter on there as well, so I can have it retrive only issues that are in the "Development Backlog" status, or filter it by release version. 

There might also need to be some configuration for what the "Mark as open in issue tracker" changes the status to - in our case, it would go to "Under Developmenet" - I think the current JIRA default is "In Progress" for status.

Archived