bug: Jira Integration - Commit comments broken

SilverKnight

5.4.16.671 - Edmonton

in relation to

Associate Jira Project with Plastic Workspace for branch creation/browser
I've found that when I create a branch with the above version, that the commit comment no longer gets put in the custom field configured.

on the Jira server, I have a jira-config.properties containing the following:

jira.websudo.is.disabled=true
plastic.diffchangeset.url=http://Plastic01/plastic/$repository$/ViewChanges?changeset=$changeset$
plastic.formatdata=\r\n+{4} on {0}+\r\n*CS:* [{1}|{5}]\r\n*Project:* {2}::{3}\r\n*Branch:* {6}\r\n\{{panel:title=Checkin Comments|borderStyle=solid|borderColor=#000000|titleBGColor=#FFFF80|bgColor=#FFFFCE}}{7}{{panel}}\r\n----\r\n

If I commit on this branch from my build machine with an older version of Plastic (5.4.16.651 - Maastricht) - I get the comments

While with the same configuration data with 671 (and the same branch) - I get no commit comments.

Build-651 shows a working config for 651

Dev_671 shows the same config on 671 that doesn't post commit comments to the custom field.

Tried checking and unchecking the Use LDAP credentials if available - nothing seems to make it work.

--Probably going to have to roll back to the previous version until there is a fix :mellow:

post-4578-0-35227200-1434746004_thumb.png

post-4578-0-71599000-1434746012_thumb.png

post-4578-0-63716600-1434746216_thumb.png

• 1 month later...

It seems like it has to do with Plastic forcing padded 0s while JIRA is not using that, this causes the issue to not correctly send the info to the proper JIRA issue. I had a task that was blah-2 on JIRA but Plastic named it blah-002, after renaming the branch and doing another commit the new message was properly added to JIRA.

In my case, as pointed out, the previous version for a branch would add comments, while the new version for the *same branch* would not add comments.  So, in my case, it had nothing to do with the branch name as seen by Plastic for either version installed.

Perhaps freaksed used the single project Jira integration to automatically create a branch from a task using the Plastic GUI - which created it with the padded 0's - and in that case, a branch rename was required to resolve the problem. (so that would be a second "bug" in that auto-created branches don't use the same numbering scheme as Jira due to Plastic padding the branch name with 0's)  -- at least that is my reading of the post. :unsure:

In my case, I was set up using MULTIPLE_PROJECTS and trying to commit (create comments) on a branch that functioned perfectly with the same configuration in a previous version of Plastic - NOT attempting to create the branch from the new GUI (since that didn't work with MULTIPLE_PROJECTS configuration for the mentioned plastic version anyway)

yes correct, plastic added padding 0's that weren't there in jira. however it has since stopped being able to post comments again in spite of this. also i am seeing that while plastic can see the issues when creating a new branch and grab the comment for it, it is unable to access the jira tasks anywhere else. e.g. the test connection fails, and the jira info in the options bar isn't filled

• 3 weeks later...

WOOT! :D

From my testing, it appears that 5.4.16.689 - U2 - Pride appears to be working with comments, and shows the tasks when configured for multiple_projects.  Maybe the original wasn't working because it didn't work with multiple_projects or it was inadvertently fixed wen that support was added.  It also successfully shows all issues that are assigned to me  (though, there is some weirdness with "Display pending tasks from all users" not showing issues assigned to me that appear when that setting is unchecked.  It shows issues that are unassigned, but not all of them, and doesn't show all issues that ARE assigned to me  - there must be some nuances to how that works that I don't quite understand.)

Hi there!

yes, we implemented that recently! 

You might be not seeing all the tasks when you click "tasks from all users" because theres a maximum of 50 tasks.

We are also about to implement the cloud support that was recently broken with the API upgrade.

Archived