Mac OSX version requires sudo all the time

gowildr

Hi guys,

I'm trying Plastic on Mac now and I'm facing a little trouble, non of the applications is working without sudo. The only one I can launch without it is the plastic client itself, but even here I can't see/create/delete repositories and/or workspaces, only able to do it with sudo.

I'm pretty new to Plastic and pretty much new to Mac OS so I'm wondering if I missed anything or why is there this restriction for everything? It's simply not fun to run clients with sudo all the time...

Thank you in advance!

Hi, thanks for answer.

Here's what I get if I try to open PlasticSCMServer.app

/Applications/PlasticSCMServer.app/Contents/MacOS/PlasticSCMServer ; exit;

log4net:ERROR [FileAppender] Unable to acquire lock on file /Applications/PlasticSCMServer.app/Contents/MonoBundle/upgrade.log.txt. Access to the path "/Applications/PlasticSCMServer.app/Contents/MonoBundle/upgrade.log.txt" is denied.

log4net:ERROR [FileAppender] Unable to acquire lock on file /Applications/PlasticSCMServer.app/Contents/MonoBundle/loader.log.txt. Access to the path "/Applications/PlasticSCMServer.app/Contents/MonoBundle/loader.log.txt" is denied.

Use mono-service to start service processes

logout

When I launch clconfigureserver, it asks me configuration setting but in the end it says:

Error: Access to the path "/Applications/PlasticSCMServer.app/Contents/MonoBundle/server.conf" is denied.

So basicaly it doesn't save any changes I make.

None of the applications (besides Client itself) launches from double click on the icon though. It always closes immediately after the launch and says smth like:

LSOpenURLsWithRole() failed with error -10810 for the file /Applications/PlasticSCMServer.app/Contents/Applications/clconfigureserver.app.

Launching the client doesn't say anything but you can't see your repositories. If you create new, it seemed like working but you can't see the created one, only able to see if launch it with sudo.

Let me know if you need anything else to know

Hi,

nothing really special. I'm the only user on Mac, just downloaded your latest installer and run it. I don't even have a root user.

Really don't know what could go wrong. I tried multiple times and different versions (previous installers) - all the same.

As I said changing the owner does solve the problem tho, but I thought it'd be great to figure it out.

If you still can't find the problem, I will try on a different mac as well and let you know.

Archived