client authentication mode () doesn't match the server...

Hello, I'm a Unity Game Developer interested in purchasing your product coming over from Github after encountering one to many conficts with syncing Unity projects over git. 

Anyhow I was able to configure the Plastic Server properly on Ubunutu 14.04 VPS hosted at DigitalOcean. I'm trying to access the server from a Windows Client. 

I ran the client configuration on my Windows 8 PC, input my username and password, same as I created on the server using the "umtool cu". I am able to connect at first no problem, but when I try to create a new repo from the client on the server i get the following: 

auth.jpg

What doesn't make sense is i'm 100% certain I set the server to use the UPWrokingMode, I did restart the server after setting the authentication mode using "plasticsd restart", server restarts fine. 

Please assist, what am I missing here. Why does my Windows Client continue to say the authentication mode is set to NameWorkingMode, when I'm 100% sure I set the mode to UPWorkingMode?

Hi!

do you have a local server installed? Maybe your windows client is working with your Windows server and not with the Linux one.

In order to check it. Open a command line tool and try the following:

cm lrep localhost:8087

cm lrep remoteServerName:8087

Tell me if the second one works, if it doesn't that means the server is configured to use the "NameWorkingMode", review the file called "server.conf" paste here the content if you want, you should see the server auth mode set there.

Hi!

do you have a local server installed? Maybe your windows client is working with your Windows server and not with the Linux one.

In order to check it. Open a command line tool and try the following:

cm lrep localhost:8087

cm lrep remoteServerName:8087

Tell me if the second one works, if it doesn't that means the server is configured to use the "NameWorkingMode", review the file called "server.conf" paste here the content if you want, you should see the server auth mode set there.

No I don't have a local server installed, do I need to have one? I only installed PlasticSCM Server on my Ubuntu 14.04 VPS.

I tried the second command and I got the same error as I posted above. Here is my server.conf file: 

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<ServerConfigData xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:x$
  <Language>en</Language>
  <WorkingMode>UPWorkingMode</WorkingMode>
  <SecurityConfig>::389:::</SecurityConfig>
  <BufferPoolSize>0</BufferPoolSize>
  <AuditLogLevel>1</AuditLogLevel>
  <AuditLogFile>audit.log</AuditLogFile>
  <CreateDefaultRep>true</CreateDefaultRep>
  <LimitToLoadPusherGuidTableInFull>0</LimitToLoadPusherGuidTableInFull>
</ServerConfigData>

UPWorkingMode is set in the server.conf   :unsure:

Here is something weird that I find... every time I start or restart the PlasticSCM server on Ubuntu. I check the status after and I get a Warning about some /tmp/plasticd5.exe.lock file, and somehow the server stops. Or at least it says the server is not started.

Although oddly enough I can still contact the server from my Windows Client using the "cm lrep remoteServerName:8087" 

Now here is when it gets ever weirder....  I run the "plasticsd stop" command on the server and it shows the server has stopped. Although even supposedly stopped, I can still run the same "cm lrep remoteServerName:8087" and still contact the server? What am I missing here.... something is not right? How can I still contact the server if I stopped it already.

Also what the heck is the lock file thing all about, and why does it keep saying the server is not started when I try to check the status even though I know it is running? 

Here is a bash run through of what i'm sharing above: 

Archived