Getting through the Windows firewall

I've installed Plastic SCM on a Windows 2008 Server R2 based machine and I'm finding that I can connect remotely from a Plastic client only when I turn off the Windows firewall. I've added Plastic SCM as an application to allow through the firewall however I'm still not able to get a response.

The error message I'm getting is "A connection attempt failed because the connected part did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because host has failed to respond to xx.xx.xx.xx:8084: xx.xx.xx.xx:8084 Plastic client can't continue and will be closed."

Both server and client Plastic systems are configured for UP access and as I indicated above, work well when the firewall is disabled.

Are there any special firewall configuration requirements beyond what gets done automatically?

Any help is much appreciated.

Hi Jim,

Plastic server listens on a TCP port, by default 8084 but it can be configured editing remoting.conf (and restarting the service, of course).

So, the only required configuration is to allow the server to have the 8084 port open, just that.

Double check your configuration to see whether the firewall is correctly set. We don't require any special setup.

Please let us know how it goes so we can help you in case you get stuck.

pablo

Archived