Migration from old Plastic SCM server to new PlasticSCMServer on Mac OSX

edupedu

Hi,

I've updated my Plastic SCM Server from old folder to new PlasticSCMServer application in Mac OSX (El Capitan).

I haven't found where is the documentation to configure the new PlasticSCMServer to create users and configure authentication to User Password.

I would like to know how to stop/start the new PlasticSCMServer so I can move my old "rep_**.sql" files. I'm not sure where I have to drop my old repository files also... inside "PlasticSCMServer/Content/MonoBundle"? I've tried this, but they does not appear in "MacPlastic" application.

Hope anyone can help me (or point me to the correct documentation) migrating all my repositories from old Plastic SCM Server folder to the new PlastiSCMServer application.

Thanks,

Edu

Hi Edu,

In order to run the server configurator, please run:
/Applications/PlasticSCMServer.app/Contents/Applications/clconfigureserver.app/Contents/MacOS/clconfigureserver

In order to manage the server users (with no parameters, you will see the command help):
/Applications/PlasticSCMServer.app/Contents/Applications/umtool.app/Contents/MacOS/umtool

In order to start/stop the server daemon, you will need to use the lauchctl Mac command:
 ** Start: launchctl load /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.codicesoftware.plasticscm.server.plist

** Stop: launchctl unload /Library/LaunchDaemons/com.codicesoftware.plasticscm.server.plist

I am in the same situation, attempting to migrate. However, after installation launching the server application does nothing (one bounce in the dock).

After finding this thread I attempted running the umtool as descrived above. Result: "command not found". This despite navigating to the correct folder.

I am sure I am doing something wrong, but calling this native is a huge joke. Uninstalling and now installing the new server/client has taken me the entire morning and early afternoon this far. The experience of installing the old X11 solution was similarly frustrating. Had it not been for the fact that the system, when up and running, is very good I would honestly have run far, far away a long time ago.

I have logged a support case an hour ago (we do pay for a professional license), but no reply. Can I please have some support? Thanks!

And what is up with this:

sh-3.2# open /Applications/PlasticSCMServer.app/Contents/Applications/clonfigureserver.app/Contents/MacOS/clconfigureserver

The file /Applications/PlasticSCMServer.app/Contents/Applications/clonfigureserver.app/Contents/MacOS/clconfigureserver does not exist.

???

I mean, here it is:

drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel  102 Sep 30 13:09 clconfigureserver.app

drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel  102 Sep 30 13:09 umtool.app

and wading down through the hierarchy does reveal that it is there in the contents/macos folders as well...

Archived