replicatewrite permission for sub-branches

Misieq

Hi

I have following problem. It looks that replicatewrite permission is always propagating from parent branch.

I have following use-case:

/development branch for which I want to gran ci and replicatewrite permission only for Build Manager

/development/taskXXX task branches which are created by developer

Normally when developer starts working on the task following actions are taken:

1) pull /development into local repo

2) create task sub-branch in local repo

3) push task sub-branch into cetral

If I do not grant permission replicatewrite for /development branch than replication proces of sub-branch fails.

What shall be permission setting for such use-case?

Thanks in advance.

Hello,

can you tell me if the denied replicatewrite permission is denied at the "repository"/"repository server" level?

The thing is the branches, it doesn't matter if they are child or not, they all inherit from the repository and repository server objects, not from their parent branches.

The command output of the following commands will be very useful:

cm showacl br:/development/taskXXX
cm showacl br:/development/taskXXX --extended

Can you execute them and post us the results?

Thanks

I can run this comment only on local (developer's) server - on central server branch does not exist yet.

It looks that it has all rights granted.

ACL: 0

User Permission Allowed Denied InheritedFrom

ALL USERS all Yes repserver:localserver:8087

Creator rep:repository@repserver:localserver:8087

Inherited

Creator repserver:localserver:8087

Entries

ALL USERS:

Allowed:

all

Please note that:

Problem appears when replicating branch which do not exists on remote server (it will be created there as a result of replication).

Local server work in UPMode, central one work with LDAP and replication is run with proper profile.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Dear codice staff,

I'm afraid that I have faced exactly the same problem as the reporter which is a show stopper for my small team of developers who work in a distributed way. It is super sad to see this issue has not been fixed yet after 9 MONTHS of being reported! Unacceptable from my point of view since this is a VERY common operation that distributed teams do.

I'm sorry but this is very discouraging now that I just bought two additional annual licenses for the team. Is there a workaround? When is this going to be fixed? I'm a paid customer, let me know if you need my details.

Please help.

Regards,

Gus

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello Misiew,

I'm truly sorry, I promise you it's in our top 5 issues reported by customers to be fixed.

We are completely swamped in new features and we are trying to do our best to satisfy everyone, but I'm sorry this hasn't been fixed yet.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived