JIRA plugin - incorrect password handling

Misieq

It looks that JIRA plugin (I supose that for other issue trackers situation could be the same) handles case with incorrect password in very unconvinient way.

First of of - it does not report such situation.

Second - it retries all the time - in my company it leads to account lockout.

I propose that in case of response from issue tracker of incorrect password PlasticSCM shall display dialog window with issue tracker settings - this would allow to quickly correct them (or update in case of password change).

• 3 months later...

We have the same issue with a custom extension we wrote for our tracking system. Doesn't seem like this is something we can handle or deal with inside the context of the custom extension... its focus/sandbox is too narrow. Any update on when this will be addressed?

Our custom extension is for YouTrack which is configured to use AD Domain Auth... our passwords expire every 60 days which causes failure of Plastic client (although no lockout on our side at least). We then have to remove the extension using local profile config file, and then load Plastic client and reselect the custom extension where we can now enter the correct password.

Archived