Bug with default datetime filter and gitsync

Dragnalith

By default, the Plastic SCM client does show you changsets older than a particular date 1st nov 2015 for me, and it does not show you changesets older than the 1st sept 2015 in the branch explorer (in release 5.4). This create problem at least with gitsync usage.

When you create a repository to sync from an existing git repo, all the changesets are older than the root one. So you won't see them in the changsets list. For newcomer it is very painful because you do not understand why you don't see anything although the gitsync succeeded. Nothing on the UI tell you changesets are filter by date, and you have just clicked on the changesets tab, so you do not expect no to see all the changesets.

In addition, if all the changesets are older than the 1st of september 2015, they are filter in the branch explorer. For instance, I have synced a one year old repository and I did not understand why the branch explorer was empty. Again nothing in the UI tells you a filter is applied, and because it is the default setting you did not expect not to see your changeset on the branch explorer.

• 3 months later...

Agreed.  I've just been bitten by that same issue today, while learning about PlasticSCM and GitSync.

Was very frustrating, because everything I was searching for lead me in the wrong direction.

Would it be possible to add a clearer hint when displaying: "No data found. The server did not return any data for the specified filter."?

Maybe the ability to disable the date filter at that moment?

Hi!

we added the "No data found. The server did not return any data for the specified filter." message long time ago because of the same issue you mentioned, it was enough back then but if you feel it's complicated to understand where your data is you can suggest us your idea here: https://plasticscm.uservoice.com/forums/15467-general

We'll study it and will eventually be coded.

Archived