Adding existing repository fails

jscheer

I have been struggling with this problem for a while now. Today I decided to reinstall Plastic SCM on my server and start all over again with a fresh repositories database. However the exact same problem appeared again. This is what my server loader.log files tells me:

2011-02-27 14:18:02,684 2344 jscheer 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 SERVERNAME INFO Operations - Add repository FancyName from db REP_13

2011-02-27 14:18:02,700 2344 jscheer 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 SERVERNAME ERROR DataConnection - There was a problem in OpenConnection. file D:\PLASTICSCMDATA\REP_13.PLASTIC.FDB is not a valid database [D:\PlasticSCMData\rep_13.plastic.fdb]

at ak.b(CmConnection A_0)

at y.d(CmConnection A_0, bc A_1)

2011-02-27 14:18:02,700 2344 jscheer 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000 SERVERNAME ERROR Operations - OnError catching exception Server SERVERNAME:40001 wasn't able to open a connection to the database. Check the server's log.

at y.b(String A_0, String A_1, bc A_2)

at y.a(Int64 A_0, bc A_1)

at qu.b(SOT A_0, bc A_1)

at qu.f(SOT A_0)

at Codice.CM.Data.SqlDataQuery.GetAllActiveUsersFromDatabase(SOT obj)

at Codice.CM.Server.RepositoryHandler.AddRepository(String repositoryDB, String repositoryName)

at Codice.CM.Server.SecuredRepositoryHandler.AddRepository(String repositoryDB, String repositoryName)

at Codice.CM.Server.TransactionInterceptor.AddRepository(String repositoryDB, String repositoryName)

2011-02-27 14:18:02,731 2344 ERROR Codice.CM.Server.ExceptionTracerSink - Dumping in-transit exception:Server SERVERNAME:40001 wasn't able to open a connection to the database. Check the server's log.

at y.b(String A_0, String A_1, bc A_2)

at y.a(Int64 A_0, bc A_1)

at qu.b(SOT A_0, bc A_1)

at qu.f(SOT A_0)

at Codice.CM.Data.SqlDataQuery.GetAllActiveUsersFromDatabase(SOT obj)

at Codice.CM.Server.RepositoryHandler.AddRepository(String repositoryDB, String repositoryName)

at Codice.CM.Server.SecuredRepositoryHandler.AddRepository(String repositoryDB, String repositoryName)

at Codice.CM.Server.TransactionInterceptor.AddRepository(String repositoryDB, String repositoryName)

at Codice.CM.Server.TriggerInterceptor.AddRepository(String repositoryDB, String repositoryName)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink._PrivateProcessMessage(IntPtr md, Object[] args, Object server, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext, Object[]& outArgs)

at System.Runtime.Remoting.Messaging.StackBuilderSink.SyncProcessMessage(IMessage msg, Int32 methodPtr, Boolean fExecuteInContext)

Since it is a fresh install it can't be a corrupt repositories database anymore. It seems it has to do something with the specific repository files, I have four of them. Any idea how I can solve this issue?

Hi,

Plastic doesn't remove your existing repositories by default when uninstalled, this is your code, so we don't delete it.

If you want to start from scratch, stop the Plastic service, delete *.fdb in the server installation folder, and start the service back.

Normally the databases are pretty stable, however. Have you run out of disk space or some other special condition that may have caused the error you mention?

Cheers,

David

Here is what I did to start from scratch:

1. Made a backup of repositories db, repositories and workspaces db;

2. Uninstalled Plastic from the server;

3. Deleted the Plastic directory;

4. Installed Plastic again;

From that point on I had a fresh install with a new repositories db and one default repository. In the command line I tried to add an existing repository with the command "cm addrep REP_13 MagicRep SERVERNAME:40001".

Hope this helps?

Archived